The Instant Pot has quickly become a staple in many homes across the country. It’s not a wonder either, because there are so many different recipes you can make in it. In fact, you can even make dessert. This Instant Pot Custard is the perfect testament to how fantastic this appliance truly is.
This recipe is a delicious nod to the traditional egg custard your mom used to make, but so much easier with the instant pot. Taking only a few minutes of prep time and 7 minutes to cook, custard is probably easier to make for your family than it has ever been.
Instant Pot Custard
This instant pot custard is a delicious treat any night of the week. Not only does it have the perfect texture with a hint of nutmeg, but it is also not overly sweet. If you want it to be sweeter, you can easily adjust the amount of sugar you add. This recipe is perfect for a delicious treat that doesn’t take an abundance of time to create.
How to Make Instant Pot Custard
- To make Instant Pot Custard, you are going to require baking, souffle dishes or large ramekins. Make sure that your custard vessel fits inside the instant pot. 1 or 1 ½ quart dishes fit well, but it depends on the size of your instant pot.
- Always make sure to spray your dish with non-stick cooking spray or butter it lightly. This will prevent your custard from sticking to the sides.
- Do not forget to add the water to the instant pot. For this recipe you will have to add approximately 1 to 1 ½ cups of water. Again, this depends on the size of your instant pot.
- When making custard in your instant pot, make sure to use a trivet or ring of aluminum foil. Trivets are used to keep the ramekins from resting directly on the bottom of the instant pot.
- When filling your ramekins or dishes, make sure to leave at least ½ an inch of space from the top.
- Once you have put your custard in the instant pot, close the lid and turn the valve to ensure it remains sealed.
- This recipe is cooked on the manual setting for 7 minutes.
- When finished, allow custard to cool for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Instant Pot Custard can be served chilled, warm or at room temperature.
Instant Pot Custard Recipe
Instant Pot Custard
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and milk; mix well.
- Pour into a lightly buttered (or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) 1 or 1 ½ quart baking or souffle dish, or large ramekins which will fit in the instant pot, and sprinkle with the nutmeg. Loosely cover the ramekins with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 to 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot and place a trivet or ring of aluminum foil in the instant pot.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealed. Cook on the manual high setting for 7 minutes. When time is up perform a quick release or pressure.
- Top with your favorite topping such as caramel and enjoy!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.