Instant Pot egg roll in a bowl is so versatile!
Pick your protein of choice and add a ready-made coleslaw mix and some robust, umami garlic, soy, and ginger seasonings!
This dish is super tasty, easy and fun to make, and ready in minutes.
Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl
- The Instant Pot makes egg roll in a bowl ready and on the table in minutes!
- Serve it hot or cold as-is or wrapped in lettuce leaves for a low-carb dinner or lunch!
- Low-carb and keto-friendly egg roll in a bowl is a multi-versatile dish that can be adapted to a Paleo, Whole30, 21-Day Fix, and Weight Watcher plan!
- This dish will be on your recipe rotation for quick and easy dinners and lunches all week long!
Ingredients and Variations
Meat – Choose your protein! Ground beef, chicken, turkey, sausage, shrimp, or vegetarian; choose eggs, tofu, or black beans!
Vegetables – Aside from packaged coleslaw, step up the flavor and nutritional benefits by adding some shredded brussels sprouts, shredded daikon radish, diced broccoli or cauliflower, even some spring peas, chopped water chestnuts, or sliced green onions.
Seasonings – Soy sauce, garlic, and ginger are infused into the protein and veggies here, but feel free to add a dash of red pepper flakes or sriracha for a spicy flair!
How to Make Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Saute pork with seasonings and soy sauce.
- Turn Instant Pot to OFF and add ½ the broth, and coleslaw mix. Close cover and seal.
- Cook (as per recipe below).
- Perform a quick release and stir contents.
- Scoop into bowls and garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, or green onions, as desired.
- Preheat oven to 400°F while Instant Pot is preheating on saute.
- Cut egg roll wrappers into strips and bush with olive or veggie oil.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes until bubbly and brown. WATCH these carefully because they go from brown to burned very fast!
- Let chips cool and enjoy with your egg roll bowls!
It’s so easy, you’ll want to double the recipe to freeze for future meals!
For best results, keep leftover egg roll in a bowl in a container with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to three days. Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to a month. Simply reheat in the microwave and re-season with a dash of soy sauce!
Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound ground pork or chicken, turkey or beef
- 1 bag pre-shredded cole slaw mix 1 pound, found in the produce section near the bagged salads
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- cilantro & sesame seeds for garnish
- Place Instant Pot on saute. When it is hot, add the pork, seasonings, and soy sauce. Brown the meat. When no pink remains drain the meat of excess oil.
- Turn off the Instant Pot off and add the ½ cup chicken broth. Add the coleslaw mix. DO NOT stir. Place the lid back on the pot and then seal the knob.
- Set Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 0 minutes. For a newer model Instant Pot, select the pressure cook button instead for 0 minutes (to do this hit the timer button until it reaches 0). The pot is still hot and will keep pressure cooking the ingredients.
- When the timer is finished, perform a quick release. When pressure is released, open slowly and stir.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.