Cooking Air Fryer Crab Rangoon will change your mind about ever ordering takeout again!
This easy crab rangoon recipe is made with wonton wrappers stuffed with a cream cheese and crab filling and air fried until melted and delicious!
Once you see how fast you can fry crab rangoon, you’re going to be hooked!
Easy Crab Rangoon Recipe
- Crab rangoons are not only delicious but are loaded with quality flavor!
- This easy recipe is ready in under 30 minutes!
- This recipe is fun to prepare, much like this Air Fryer Cannoli recipe is!
This easy homemade crab rangoon recipe takes just a few simple ingredients!
Filling – this creamy filling is made with cream cheese, crab meat, and an assortment of seasonings. Add a bit of sugar to sweeten the filling, and mix in a dash of red pepper flakes for some extra spice, chives are a great option in place of green onions.
Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil is the best but you can also use coconut oil and vegetable oil as well. Make it simple and use what you have on hand.
Wrappers – Wonton wrappers crisp up perfectly in the air fryer!
Dipping Sauce – Try serving with sweet chili sauce, add a bit of sriracha to add some spiciness! Or try dipping in soy sauce.
How to Make Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
Even though making crab rangoons might look tough, the process is fun!
- Mix the filling ingredients.
- Fill the wonton wrappers.
- Air fry (per the recipe below).
Be sure to not overcrowd the crab rangoons while they’re cooking in the air fryer. There needs to be room for the air to circulate and move around.
Place the sealed crab rangoon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper while you cook them in batches. It will keep them from sticking to the counter while you wait to cook them.
These are best when reheating them in the air fryer for a few minutes, as it brings back that crisp! A microwave is fine too but they’re not going to be as crispy.
Yes, they can. It is recommended to enjoy them within 2-3 days of being cooked. This will ensure the best taste and flavor.
Since this batch of crab rangoons is pretty big, you may find that you have some leftovers. Just store them in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. If you don’t plan to enjoy them in the next 2-3 days you can also freeze them in an airtight container or zippered bag for a few months.
Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces lump crab meat
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sweet chili sauce, to serve
- Combine the cream cheese, crab meat, green onion, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and lime juice in a bowl and mix.
- Brush one side of a wonton wrapper with olive oil and flip it so it's upside down.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the crab filling to the wrapper.
- Brush the edges of the wrapper with water and pull the two corners that are opposite together. Press gently to seal. Make sure to do the other with the other two corners and seal well.
- Put them in the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes at 375°F.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.