Air fryer crab cakes turn out light and flavorful every time!
Enjoy crispy and flavorful crab cakes made in the air fryer with a tasty blend of Dijon, mayo, lemon, and seafood seasoning mixed with breadcrumbs.
Air Fryer Crab Cakes!
- Make a low-fat, high-protein dinner with this quick two-step crab cake recipe.
- Use your Ninja or NuWave to cook breaded crab cakes with a fancy bistro taste.
- Whip up air fryer crab cakes as mini appetizers or as crab sandwiches with a light aioli or serve them on a bed of mixed greens with a homemade Hollandaise. Easy and elegant!
Ingredients and Variations
Crabmeat – Lump crab meat is a mix of small and larger pieces of the body of the crab and typically has a more delicate flavor than claw meat. Make sure the crabmeat is flaked properly so it forms well with the rest of the ingredients.
Breading – Panko pairs perfectly with eggs, condiments, and seasonings. Make it low-carb and swap out the Panko for crushed pork rinds. Add more or less seafood seasoning as you like.
How to Cook Crab Cakes in the Air Fryer
- Whisk egg, mayo, and mustard in a bowl. Stir in Panko, seafood seasoning, and parsley. Gently fold in crab meat.
- Form into patties and place them in the air fryer lined with parchment paper sprayed with pan release (as per the recipe below).
- Spray tops of patties and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Garnish with lemon wedges before serving.
Leftover Crab Cakes?
Put leftover Air Fryer crab cakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them on medium power in the air fryer. Freeze them in zippered bags for up 3 months. Reheat from thawed or frozen in the air fryer.
Leftover cakes will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They will last in the freezer zippered bags for up 3 months. Reheat from thawed or frozen in the air fryer.
More Appealing Appetizers
Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- lemon wedges
- In a bowl, whisk the egg, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard. Then add the breadcrumbs, seafood seasoning, and parsley. Mix well.
- Fold in the crab meat carefully. Line the basket in the air fryer with parchment paper and also spray it with non stick spray.
- Make the crab cakes into 4 patties. Don't overcrowd the air fryer.
- Spray the tops of the crab cakes with olive oil. Bake for 15-17 minutes at 375°F.
- Garnish with fresh lemon juice.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Crab Cakes Recipe