This vintage Knorr spinach dip recipe uses Knorr’s Vegetable Soup Mix for an easy-to-make appetizer!
Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix is stirred into a sour cream/mayo base with chopped spinach and chopped water chestnuts for an easy dip that’s packed with flavor and ready in minutes!
Serve this delicious dish with crudites, toasted sourdough bread, or crackers.
Easy & Delicious Spinach Dip!
- Fresh, healthy, and low-carb spinach dip is a classic dip that’s versatile for any occasion.
- Use the dip as a spread on burgers or pizza or as a dip with fresh veggies, chips, or crackers.
- Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix is a popular seasoning blend with a perfect balance of savory flavors, ideal for last-minute dips, dressings, or toppings.
- Keep packets of Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix on hand for versatility in everything from eggs to meatloaf.
- Impress your guests by serving the spinach dip in homemade bread bowls made from the Instant Pot.
Ingredients and Variations
Spinach – Skip the fresh spinach rinsing and chopping and simply use a package of pre-chopped spinach! Bulk it up with some chopped kale or shredded Brussels sprouts for added texture and nutrition!
Base – Sour cream and mayo make up the creamy components of this richly flavored dip. For a thicker dip, add some softened cream cheese as well.
Seasonings – Knorr Vegetable Soup mix contains the perfect balance of dried garden veggies like carrots, onions, tomatoes, leeks, potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, and green peas plus savory seasonings which makes it high in fiber and protein. Feel free to add a dash of cayenne, chili powder, or red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
Variations – Water chestnuts provide the necessary crunch in this recipe, but finely chopped celery, bell peppers, or even walnuts will work. Add chopped artichokes and loads of parmesan cheese for another classic dip that everyone will love!
How to Make Knorr Spinach Dip
- Combine prepared spinach and chopped water chestnuts with sour cream, mayonnaise, and soup mix (as per recipe below).
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
Can You Make Ahead?
Make Knorr’s spinach dip up to a day before and the flavors will continue to blend, plus the dip will be chilled and ready to serve!
Storing Spinach Dip
- Keep leftover spinach dip in a covered container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- It’s possible to freeze Knorr spinach dip, but the texture won’t be the same once it’s thawed. Give it a good stir and add fresh sour cream and adjust the seasonings, or simply start this super easy recipe from scratch!
Knorr Spinach Dip
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach 1 package, thawed, thoroughly drained
- 8 ounces water chestnuts canned, drained
- 2 cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise low fat or regular
- 1 package dry vegetable soup mix 1.4 ounces, like Knorr brand
- Remove as much liquid as possible from the thawed spinach by squeezing it or placing it in a fine mesh strainer and pressing it with a spoon.
- Drain the water chestnuts and finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, water chestnuts, sour cream, mayonnaise, and dry vegetable soup mix. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Serve with 1-inch cubes of sourdough bread or crackers for dipping.
- Keep spinach dip in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Make up to 24 hours in advance for the best flavor!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe