Instant Pot bread is fun to make, plus it’s failproof!
That’s right! You can make bread in an Instant Pot! It comes out soft and fluffy!
Quick Rise Bread Recipe
- Just a few simple ingredients and steps will make you feel like a professional baker!
- No kneading, special tools, or complicated techniques are required, it’s literally that foolproof!
- Yeast dough is easy to proof in the Instant Pot. Once it’s risen, transfer to the oven for a final bake to get that crisp crust with a soft chewy interior.
- Make fresh and delicious artisan bread that’s perfect for sandwiches, sopping up sauce, serving with soup, or simply enjoy a thick slice with a smear of butter or dip!
Ingredients and Variations
Flour – Cooking bread is science so altering amounts isn’t advised. This bread uses all purpose flour.
Yeast – This recipe is designed for the use of active dry yeast and has not been tested with other types of yeast.
Sugar – Sugar is required for activating the yeast along with a bit of water and some salt for flavor.
Optional – Brust the bread with an egg wash and sprinkle with salt/rosemary before serving to make a great rosemary bread. Other herbs can be used.
How to Make Instant Pot Bread
This is a no knead bread recipe, so the prep is extra fast.
- Line a small pan with parchment paper (make sure it fits in the pressure cooker).
- Bloom the yeast with warm water and sugar until foamy.
- Add the yeast mixture to the remaining ingredients. Mix until no dry spots remain.
- Place the dough in the pan and let it rise using the yogurt setting per the recipe below.
- Once the dough has risen, place it in the oven and bake until golden brown. So easy!
How to Proof Dough in Instant Pot
Proof the dough on ‘low and slow’ in the Instant Pot. Simply press the yogurt button, it’s perfect allowing the dough to rise.
Tips For Success
- The best temperature to activate yeast is about 100° to 110°F, which is a little over lukewarm.
- Ensure the valve is sealed (and not set to vent).
- If you don’t have a bread pan that fits in your Instant Pot, you can make one with aluminum foil lined with parchment paper. Gently transfer the parchment to a hot dutch oven to bake.
- The bread dough can also be placed in a regular loaf pan. Cover with a towel and rise on the counter. See recipe notes for instructions.
- Punch down the dough gently to avoid releasing air bubbles that give this bread its light and fluffy interior.
How To Store Rosemary Bread
Keep Instant Pot bread in a covered container or resealable bag at room temperature for up to 5 days. Freeze slices or loaves by wrapping them in plastic wrap and then transferring them to gallon-sized freezer bags where they can be frozen for up to 3 months.
There are so many things that a beautiful loaf of fresh baked bread can be paired with. Whether you are making soup, sandwiches or even just enjoying it with a little dab of butter, bread is a great accompaniment. While making bread is usually quite time consuming, requiring several different kitchen tools, this Instant pot bread is a lifesaver.
When it comes to delicious fresh baked bread, this recipe is sure to provide you with a delicious flavor and perfect texture. Your family is going to be in awe of your efforts, and you will be enjoying delicious food in what seems like no time.
Instant Pot Bread
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast 1 packet
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Line a 6-8" cake pan with parchment paper. Ensure it can easily fit inside the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, and sugar. Let the yeast proof for about 5 minutes or until foamy, then add the flour and salt.
- This is a no-knead recipe, so just continue mixing the dough by hand until no dry patches appear.
- Place the dough in the lined pan.
- Place the cake pan in the Instant Pot and gently place the lid on top (do not need to secure).
- Select the "Yogurt" setting and let the dough rise for about 1 hour or until doubled. If your Instant Pot has a temperature option, choose "low".
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Remove the baking pan from the Instant Pot and place it into the oven (or see note for a loaf).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.