I have said it before and I will say it again. The Instant Pot is an amazing appliance, especially for busy moms. It allows us to create delicious and healthy meals like creamy cauliflower soup, for our families in a short period of time.
This instant pot creamy cauliflower soup is a great meal to serve your family, especially after a busy day of work, school and extracurriculars. It is the perfect comfort food in what seems like an instant.
Another fun thing about this Instant Pot creamy cauliflower soup, is that you can really choose your own garnish to create the finish you want your soup to have. The possibilities are endless.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
The perfect addition to your comfort food favorites, this instant pot creamy cauliflower soup is sure to please. Easy to make, little prep time and finished fast, this recipe will go from pot to table quickly without compromising on flavor. Creamy and delicious, your family will be craving this recipe all the time.
How to Make Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- For this creamy cauliflower soup, you can use 1 head of fresh cauliflower or 16oz of frozen cauliflower florets. Both work perfectly, so just use what you have on hand.
- When creating this recipe, you will want to set your instant pot to sauté on high. You will be adding in your onions, garlic and leeks in first.
- Prior to adding in your vegetables, you will want to add your butter and oil to the pot. This will help to sauté them perfectly.
- When sautéing your vegetables, pay close attention. When your onion appears to be translucent, turn the sauté function off.
- After you add in your seasonings, chicken broth and cauliflower, set the instant pot to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- When it’s done cooking, make sure to perform quick release. This is the perfect time to add in the cream and cheeses.
- To create a smooth and creamy consistency, use an immersion blender to combine all the ingredients. This will provide the soup with a delicious, velvety texture.
- The garnish you choose to use on top of this soup is up to you. A sprinkle of Cajun seasoning, paprika, crumbled bacon, green onion, cheddar cheese or even a lump of crab meat can elevate the flavors of your creamy cauliflower soup and personalize it to your tastes.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 1 medium head cauliflower chopped or 16oz frozen cauliflower florets
- ½ medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 leeks the white part only chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- cajun seasoning to taste optional
- Set Instant Pot to sauté on high. Place butter and olive oil in when hot. Sauté onion, garlic, and leeks in butter/oil mixture.
- Once the onion looks translucent, turn the sauté off.
- Add salt, pepper, and cajun to mixture. Pour in chicken broth and chopped cauliflower.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Once done, perform quick release.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Use an immersion blender and blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of Cajun seasoning, paprika, or even a lump of crab meat if you want to get fancy.