Making hamburgers in the air fryer will be your secret weapon to getting fabulously delicious hamburgers on the table in minutes!
With this air fryer recipe, you can enjoy thick and juicy burgers any time, regardless of the weather!
The Ninja Air Fryer makes it easy to whip up delicious burgers, whether it’s a busy weeknight or a relaxed weekend.
Amazing Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Crowd-pleasing and party-ready, air fryer hamburgers are perfect for a BYO (Build Your Own) Burger Bar!
- The air fryer lets you enjoy delicious grilled-like burgers year-round, regardless of the weather!
- This recipe is ideal for busy weeknights or for a quick meal solution.
- Double up the batch and have burgers ready to reheat in the air fryer all week long!
Ingredients and Variations
Ground Beef – Choose an 80/20 blend or a 90/10 to keep a little bit of fat in the meat so they stay juicy. Ground chicken, turkey, or pork can be mixed in if desired.
Seasonings – This recipe uses egg and Panko breadcrumbs for an extra juicy bite and the Worcestershire sauce gives it that savory punch of flavor. Try this DIY hamburger seasoning blend, or this Cajun spice for a zesty burger!
How to Cook Hamburgers in the Air Fryer
- Place prepared patties in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip and cook another 2-4 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
- Add cheese after flipping the burgers, if desired.
PRO TIP: Indent the center of each patty with your thumb to prevent it from swelling in the center.
- Top burgers with slices of bacon, jalapenos, green chiles, or a fried egg!
- Serve them with toasted buns and set out a platter of lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and your favorite condiments. Keep extra burgers warm in the oven.
- Add some easy sides like air fryer sweet potato fries or some easy Instant Pot baked beans with bacon.
Leftovers and Reheating
Keep leftover air fryer burgers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze them in zippered bags for up to 8 weeks.
Hamburgers can be frozen (raw or cooked and cooled) with parchment paper between each patty for up to a month in the freezer. Reheat leftovers in the air fryer from fresh or frozen.
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- ⅓ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and combine until just mixed.
- Divide beef into four equal pieces and form hamburger patties (about a half-inch thick). Make a small indent in the middle of the patty to make sure it cooks evenly throughout.
- Place patties in air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. Flip them over and cook for an additional 2 to 4 minutes until desired doneness. If you are making cheeseburgers, you can add cheese slices when you flip the burgers.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.