This recipe for air fryer bagels makes hot and fresh homemade bagels in just 10 minutes!
All you need is flour, baking powder, yogurt, and a few seasonings to make bagels with that famously chewy interior and crispy exterior. No yeast, rising stages, or boiling in hot water. Just mix, shape, and cook!
Easy Air Fryer Bagels
- The amazing air fryer does it again, it actually bakes delish, deli-style bagels in ten minutes! It doesn’t take long to make 4 regular-sized or 8 mini bagels and this recipe can be halved or doubled!
- A versatile recipe with so many uses! Serve them toasted for breakfast, make a midday snack with some cream cheese, or make pizza or bagel chips for movie or game night.
- All the easy ingredients needed for this recipe are likely already in the fridge and pantry! Air fryer bagels are simple to make and can be frozen for up to 3 months!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Bagels
Flour – All-purpose flour produces the chewy interior for perfect bagels! Before measuring, stir (not sift) the flour so it’s not overly packed in the measuring cup. Self-rising flour can be used and will omit the need for baking powder and salt.
Yogurt – Greek yogurt is loaded with protein and the thick texture of Greek yogurt helps the dough form properly.
Anything can go on a bagel! They can be sweet with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar or savory with everything but the bagel seasoning. Simple seasonings like poppyseeds, an Italian seasoning blend or flaked sea salt, or cracked black pepper are easy flavor enhancers, too.
How to Make Bagels in the Air Fryer
- Whisk the first three ingredients in a bowl and mix in Greek yogurt. Form the dough into a ball and then shape into 4 pieces (as per the recipe below).
- Shape into bagels, and brush with egg wash, and desired toppings. Bake in a greased air fryer basket until risen and golden brown.
- Smear the toasted bagel halves with peanut butter, smashed avocados, or any variation of plain or flavored cream cheese!
Keep air fryer bagels in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Once bagels are fully cooled, place them in a zippered bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw them on the counter or in the microwave.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Bagels
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (whole milk or non-fat)
- 1 tablespoon water
- bagel toppings sesame seeds, coarse salt, everything seasoning, etc.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the Greek yogurt. Mix with a spatula until the mixture turns into a sticky dough. Using your hands, roll the dough into a ball.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Lightly flour a surface. Roll each ball into an 8-inch long rope, then bring the edges together to form a circle. Pinch the ends of the dough together.
- With a non-stick cooking spray, lightly grease the bottom of the air fryer basket. Place the bagels into the basket, leaving about an inch of space between each. Note: To avoid crowding, it may be necessary to cook the bagels in batches.
- Make an egg wash, by mixing 1 egg and the water together in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the egg wash over the bagels. Sprinkle with toppings.
- Air fry the bagels at 350°F for 10 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and allow the bagels to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the bagels from the basket. These can be sliced and served warm, or allow them to cool and then toast.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Bagels Recipe