Air fryer chicken fajitas are simple to make and always make a splash at dinner time!
Healthy and delicious homemade fajitas are loaded with fresh chicken and southwestern seasoned peppers and onions! Just toss, cook, and serve sizzling fajitas just like they do in restaurants!
Amazing Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- The air fryer makes any recipe restaurant-worthy! Whether you have a Ninja, Corsori, or NuWave air fryer, chicken fajitas will always come out juicy and flavorful!
- Any night can be a Mexican night and this recipe is so quick and easy, you’ll make Mexican night more than once per week!
- Double up the batch and serve chicken fajitas as a salad for a low-carb lunch or light dinner!
- Instead of tacos, build a fajita bar and add all the fixins like sour cream, salsa, guacamole, sliced black olives, sliced jalapenos, and chopped green chiles!
- This is a great recipe for using up leftover turkey or beef or leftover veggies like corn or tomatoes.
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – Slice chicken breast or thigh meat into strips or save time and use shredded rotisserie chicken. Frozen chicken strips or diced chicken meat works, too!
Veggies – Bell peppers are crisp, colorful, and sweet! But why not try sliced mushrooms, diced zucchini, shredded carrots, or even diced potatoes? Double up the veggies and add black beans to make vegetarian fajitas, so many options!
Seasonings – In a pinch for time? Use a package of taco seasoning!
How to Cook Chicken Fajitas in the Air Fryer
- Toss all ingredients except tortillas in a large bowl with oil and seasonings.
- Cook in the air fryer until the chicken reaches the desired temperature, stirring the mixture halfway through (as per the recipe below).
- Serve hot in tortillas and desired toppings.
PRO TIP: Line the air fryer basket with a paper coffee filter to absorb grease making for easier cleanup!
Sides to Serve with Chicken Fajitas
Keep leftover air fryer chicken fajitas in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freeze cooled portions in zippered bags for up to 1 month. Reheat or thaw chicken fajitas in the air fryer.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 1 lb), cut into ¼” slices
- 1 green pepper cut into ¼” slices
- 1 red pepper cut into ¼” slices
- 1 yellow pepper cut into ¼” slices
- 1 onion cut into ¼” slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 2-3 pumps of olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 flour tortillas
- Place the chicken, peppers, and onion into a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic power, and paprika. Toss to combine.
- Place the fajita mixture into the air fryer basket and cook for 15-18 minutes, stirring half way through cooking. Check the temperature of the chicken with an instant-read thermometer. If it hasn’t reached 165°F, continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer, place into tortillas, and serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Chicken Fajita Recipe