This frozen ground beef Instant pot recipe is just the ticket when last-minute meals need to be made!
The Instant Pot can take ground beef from frozen to finished in minutes, and without creating a rubbery texture. Tasty ground beef always comes out juicy and tender, all ready for adding to favorite recipes.
Quick Way to Cook Ground Beef!
- Instant Pot frozen ground beef always cooks up tender and juicy!
- It’s perfect for batch cooking! Prepare for use in meals all week long!
- Unlike microwave thawing which doesn’t always cook evenly, the Instant Pot is set it and forget it!
- Instant Pot frozen ground beef is perfect for tacos, chili, spaghetti sauce, soups, and sloppy joes! Perfect for tailgating parties and potlucks, too!
Recipe Ingredients and Variations
GROUND BEEF: Any blend will do; an 85/15, 80/20, or 90/10 ratio of meat to fat will cook up nicely in this recipe. Frozen ground pork can be added for extra flavor, especially in recipes like chili and spaghetti.
SEASONINGS: Just a little salt and pepper and onion powder will add a bit of flavor to the ground beef. Try this DIY blend for an extra savory flavor.
How To Cook Frozen Ground Beef in The Instant Pot
- Place frozen beef on a trivet with a cup of water in the Instant Pot.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 12 minutes (as per the recipe below).
- Remove meat, and trivet, and drain the water.
- Saute the meat with seasonings until fully cooked. Break up the meat as it cooks.
Cooking Time for Instant Pot Frozen Ground Beef
- If cooking two 1-lb blocks of frozen beef, increase the cooking time to 16 minutes.
- For a single 2-lb block of frozen beef, increase cook time to 23 minutes.
- A meat thermometer should read 165°F to ensure it’s fully cooked.
Ways To Use Ground Beef?
For hot and hearty dishes, put the Instant Pot to use and make this super simple chili, or try this versatile meat sauce for spaghetti. Burrito bowls are popular because they’re healthy, filling, and so easy to make.
Keep leftover ground beef in a covered container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, or freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator or the microwave.
More Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Lasagna – Cheesy
- Instant Pot Spicy Orange BBQ Meatballs – Spicy orange
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs – Sweet and sour
- Air Fryer Hamburgers – Quick and juicy
Instant Pot Frozen Ground Beef
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- Meat chopper
- 1 pound frozen ground beef
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon onion powder optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and put 1 cup of water in the bottom.
- Place the frozen beef on the trivet.
- Seal and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the Instant Pot and drain all water. The meat will not be fully cooked.
- Turn the instant pot onto SAUTE and add the meat back to the pot. Add seasonings to taste. Break the meat up with a spoon and cook until no pink remains and the meat is cooked through.
If cooking 2lbs of frozen meat in two 1lb separate blocks, increase cooking time to 16 minutes. If cooking 2lbs frozen meat in one block, increase cooking time to 23 minutes.
Thicker blocks of meat may need extra cooking time.