What is better in the winter than a good EASY recipe for chili? As the weather gets colder here in NY chili becomes a weekly meal in my house! It’s really simple to make, so filling, and oh so delicious! The best part about this super simple 20 minute chili is my picky eating toddler even enjoys it!
This chili is so versatile. It can be cooked for 20 mins. or hours depending on your preference and is so easy to customize! You can add/take out what ever your family desires and this chili will still come out awesome and taste like you cooked it all day long!
Super Simple 20 Minute Chili
- 1 lb. hamburger or turkey if you like a less meaty chili only use a 1/2 lb.
- 30 ounces dark red kidney beans 2 cans
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes 2 cans
- 15 ounces tomato sauce 1 can
- 1 large onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Over medium heat, salt and pepper and cook ground meat in a large pot with the minced onion and garlic until browned.
- After meat is browned add kidney beans, diced tomato, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, cayenne paper and Italian seasoning.
- Bring pot to a boil on med-high heat.
- Cover pot and boil for 5 mins.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for another 10 mins. (or however long/short you want!)
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.