There is nothing quite like a delicious dessert at the end of a long day. This Air Fryer Cannoli recipe is the perfect solution to your dessert cravings without all the added oil and fat.
When it comes to desserts, cannoli is right up there for my family. They remind me of being little and visiting my favorite local bakery. This dessert is not only nostalgic, but it is delicious. Making Air Fryer Cannoli has become my new go to. If I am craving a yummy treat, I whip up a batch of these and indulge. Everyone that has tried them, has loved every single bite.
The best part of this recipe, other than how delicious it is, is that you do not have to deep fry it. Not only does using the air fryer make it easier, but it cuts down on some of the fat added to the recipe when you do deep fry it.
How to Make Air Fryer Cannoli
To create this dessert masterpiece, you need a few ingredients and a couple special tools. To get the right shape of the Cannoli, you will want to ensure that you have a cannoli tube on hand. You can find those online, or at your nearest baking supply store.
- To create the shell you are going to want to ensure that you have marsala wine on hand, this helps to create the light, crisp, crust.
- To get started making the cannoli dough, you will want to add your flour and your butter to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the mixture until the butter is the size of small peas.
- Add in your egg yolk and marsala wine and pulse until the dough forms a large ball.
- Wrap your dough in plastic wrap. You will need to refrigerate it until you are ready to use it.
- Start making the filling by adding your heavy whipping cream to the bowl of a stand mixer. You will want to use the whisk attachment for this step.
- Whip your heavy whipping cream on high speed until you see stiff peaks start to form.
- Add the ricotta, vanilla and cinnamon to the mixing bowl and fold the ingredients together until they are fully mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a popping bag and set aside until it is ready to use.
- Roll out the cannoli dough on a lightly floured surface. You will want it to be 1/8 to ¼ inch thick.
- Cut out 3 inch circles from the dough and reroll and recut any scraps.
- Roll the dough around your cannoli tube and place them in the air fryer.
- Cook at 400F for 5-7 minutes, or until the shells become crisp.
- Carefully remove the cannoli from the mold and set them on a wire rack to cool. Make sure you allow them to cool fully before cooking the next batch.
- Fill the fried cannoli with the ricotta mixture and dip the ends in the mini chocolate chips, if so desired.
- Serve immediately.
Can I Make These Air Fryer Cannoli Ahead of Time?
These absolutely can be made ahead of time. Just make sure that you store the filling and the shells separately, so they don’t become soggy.
Air Fryer Cannolis
- 6 qt Instant Pot
For the Shell
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional-- if you like a sweeter cannoli)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup marsala wine
For the Filling
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips optional
Make the Cannoli Dough
- Add the flour and butter to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the butter is the size of small peas.
- Add the egg yolk and marsala wine and pulse until the dough comes together in a large ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge until ready to use.
Make the Filling
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla, and ground cinnamon and fold the ingredients together until they’re fully mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and set aside until ready to use.
Air Fry the Dough and Assemble
- Roll the cannoli dough out on a lightly floured surface until it’s ⅛-¼” thick. Cut out 3” circles from the dough and reroll and recut any scraps of dough.
- Roll the dough around a cannoli tube and place them in the air fryer. Cook at 400F for 5-7 minutes, or until the shells are crisp.
- Carefully remove the cannolis from the mold and set them on a wire rack to cool. Allow the cannoli tubes to cool fully before cooking the next batch.
- Fill the fried cannolis with the ricotta mixture and dip the ends in the mini chocolate chips, if desired. Make sure to fill the cannolis immediately before serving so they don’t get soggy.