The fall months are upon us and everyone knows that means it’s time for Pumpkin everything. That’s why this Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake makes for the perfect autumn dessert.
Not only is this recipe done in your Instant Pot, but it is so delicious. Perfect for a fall get together, birthday or even a new twist on your Thanksgiving dessert. In fact, this Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is sure to impress even the most discerning cheesecake connoisseur. The good news is that this dessert is easy to put together, without compromising on flavor.
Some people may be under the impression that pumpkin and chocolate do not go together, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. They actually compliment each other very well, especially in this delicious treat. The creaminess of the cheesecake and the crunch of the chocolate chips pair very well in this dessert, making it a wonderful combination of flavors and textures.
How to Make Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
When it comes to creating this delicious fall dessert, all you need are some simple ingredients, little bit of time and a whole lot of love.
- This recipe calls for one cup of graham cracker crumbs. If you want, you can crush them yourself in a food processor, or purchase them pre-crushed from your local store.
- Before you get started creating this cheesecake, you want to ensure that your cream cheese has softened, and you have allowed your eggs to come to room temperature.
- While you may be tempted to use pumpkin pie filling to create this recipe, don’t. All you need is a can of pure pumpkin. (Make pumpkin hand pies with any leftover pumpkin puree!)
- Before you get started, grease the bottoms and sides of a 6-inch springform pan and line it with a parchment round.
- Using a food processor, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Pulse until the ingredients are well combined.
- Once the crust is well combined, press it into the bottom of your springform pan and halfway up the sides.
- Place the crust in the freezer while you make the filling. This will help to hold the crust together.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Make sure that when you add in the eggs, you add in one at a time. Mix in between each egg.
- Once cream cheese, sugar and eggs are well mixed, add in the pumpkin, flour, sour cream, pumpkin spice and vanilla, mixing well to incorporate.
- Stir in half of the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the filling over top. Tap the pan several times on the counter to help remove the air bubbles.
- Cover the cheesecake with tinfoil. Doing this helps to prevent condensation from forming.
- Make sure to add 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot of the instant pot.
- This is where a sling comes in. You can buy a sling on Instant Pot or make one yourself out of foil. The sling will be used to lower the pan into the instant pot.
- Lower the cheesecake into the instant pot and close the lid. Set the pot for a manual high-pressure cooking for 30 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release once cooking time is up.
- Remove the cheesecake from the instant pot and take the foil off the top. If any condensation has formed on top of the cake, soak it up with a paper towel.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool on a wire rack for at least an hour.
- Once cooled, place in the fridge for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- After entire cooling time has elapsed, remove the cake from the refrigerator and remove the cheesecake from the tray.
- Top the cheesecake with the remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
- This recipe makes 8 servings.
How to Make a Sling for Your Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Making a sling for your Instant Pot using foil is generally simple. In fact, it can be done in 3 steps.
The first step you will want to take is to fold a strip of heavy-duty aluminum foil into a rectangular strip. Bending it up at the ends to create handles. The second step is to check the sizing of the sling by comparing it to your instant pot. The third and final step is to place the foil sling under your springform pan and lower it into the pressure cooker using the handles. When it comes time to remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot, simply grab the handles and lift it out. Keep in mind though, the foil will be hot when the lid is opened at first.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
Instant Pot Pumpkin, Pecan and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 packages cream cheese softened (8-ounces each
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans chopped, divided
- ½ cup chocolate chips divided
- Grease the sides and bottoms of a 6-inch push pan and line the pan with a parchment round. Alternatively, you can also line the sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and pulse to mix ingredients. Then, press crust out on the bottom of the pan and ½ way up the sides. You can use the bottom of a glass to press down the crust.
- Place pan in the freezer while making the filling. Freezing will help hold the crust together.
- Mix the cream cheese and granulated sugar until nice and smooth, and then add in one egg at a time while mixing in between adding the eggs.
- Add in the pumpkin, flour, sour cream, pumpkin spice and vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Stir in half of the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling into the push pan and tap the pan several times on the counter to remove air bubbles. You can also run a fork or knife through the cheesecake filling to remove air bubbles.
- Cover the cheesecake with aluminum foil and/or a paper towel to prevent condensation from accumulating on the top of the cheesecake.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Using a sling (you can buy a sling for the Instant Pot or make one out of foil), lower the pan into the inner pot.
- Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 30 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release when the cooking time has finished.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot. Take the foil off of the top and gently soak up any condensation that has formed on the top of the cheesecake with a paper towel or flour sack towel.
- Let the cheesecake cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before refrigerating for 12 hours or overnight.
- After 12 hours, remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and set the pan on top of a large can. Push the sides of the cake pan down, slowly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan bottom, and set on a cake plate or serving tray. Top with remaining chocolate chips and pecans. You can also add whipped cream or a pumpkin buttercream frosting.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.