Who doesn’t love cheesecake? There may be some people, but none that I know. Sometimes though, cheesecake can be a fussy dessert to create. This is where our Perfect Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe comes to the rescue.
It is important to note though, that this recipe should be planned ahead of time. When it comes to the Perfect Instant Pot Cheesecake, you will want to ensure that you chill it in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. This is so that the cheesecake filling properly sets. If you are planning on making this for a potluck or get together, it really is a good idea to plan to make it the night before.
You will want to ensure that you have a great 7 inch springform pan on hand to make this dessert. This will make sure that you can easily remove the cheesecake from the pan without it sticking, creating a delicious and stable dessert.
How to Perfect Instant Pot Cheesecake
This recipe is extremely versatile and allows for several flavor variations, making it perfect for those with discerning palates.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine your graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter. This will be what you use to create the crust of the cheesecake.
- Pour the crust mixture into the Instant pot 7 inch springform pan and use a cup to press the mixture down tightly along the bottom of the pan and about halfway up the sides. Set this aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and about half a cup of sugar together with an electric mixer. You want to ensure that they become well combined.
- Add your eggs and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture and continue to beat until just combined. Make sure you are not overmixing the cheesecake batter as it will be more difficult to achieve the texture you desire.
- Add your sour cream and flour to the cream cheese mixture, mix gently until combined.
- Pour the finished cheesecake batter evenly over your prepared crust.
- Set your stainless steel insert into your Instant Pot and add one and a half cups of water to the bottom of the instant pot.
- Being cautious, lower your cheesecake down into the instant pot and set on top of the insert. The water should not be deep enough to reach the bottom of the pan.
- Close your Instant Pot’s lid and be sure to set the valve to sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure and manually adjust the cook time to 30 minutes. The Instant Pot will heat up and then cook the cheesecake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally and when the valve has dropped, carefully open the lid of the instant pot and lift out your cheesecake.
- You may find that some condensation has accumulated on top of the cheesecake. Use a paper towel to very gently blot it away.
- Run a clean knife around the edge of your cheesecake to help release it from the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate your finished cheesecake for 3-4 hours or overnight. You want it to be fully chilled before serving.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan. Now you can slick and serve with the topping of your choice.
What Toppings Can You Use for This Perfect Instant Pot Cheesecake?
This cheesecake is extremely versatile and allows for it to be served with several different toppings. Try a slice with chocolate sauce, cherry pie filling, caramel sauce, fresh berries, caramel sauce, whipped cream, or anything you so choose.
Other Great Cheesecake Recipes to Check Out For Inspiration
Perfect Basic Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
Perfect Instant Pot Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 16 oz 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Topping of choice: cherry pie filling fresh berries, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, whipped cream, etc.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the three crust ingredients. Pour the mixture into a 7-inch Instant Pot springform pan. Use a measuring cup or flat bottom glass to press the mixture on the bottom of the pan and about ½ way up the sides; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and ½ cup sugar together with an electric mixer until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, then beat just until combined. Be sure to avoid overmixing the cheesecake batter.
- Add the sour cream and flour and mix just until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter evenly into the springform pan over the prepared crust.
- Set the stainless-steel insert into your Instant Pot. Add 1 ½ cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Carefully lower the cheesecake down into the Instant Pot and set on the stainless-steel insert. The water should not be deep enough to reach the bottom of the springform pan.
- Close the lid of your Instant Pot and be sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set to “high pressure” and manually adjust the cook time to 30 minutes. The Instant Pot will heat up and then cook the cheesecake for 30 minutes, then allow the pressure to release naturally. When the pressure valve has dropped, carefully open the lid of your Instant Pot and lift the cheesecake out. If any condensation has formed on the top of the cheesecake, very gently blot it away with a paper towel.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to release it from the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for 3-4 hours, or overnight until fully chilled.
- Remove the side of the springform pan, then slice and serve the cheesecake with the topping of your choice.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
If you’re looking for a delicious and quick meal check out this Instant Pot Easy Beef Pot Pie or Instant Pot Hearty Meat Sauce!