Make this easy air fryer baked sweet potato for a tasty side dish or even a quick lunch!
A baked sweet potato in an air fryer makes a simple and delicious side dish that’s ready in minutes. It’s super easy to prepare and it turns out just as sweet and fluffy as the oven-baked variety.
Easy Way to ‘Bake’ Sweet Potatoes!
- Packed with antioxidants and fiber, superfood sweet potatoes take no time at all to cook using your Ninja or Corsori air fryer!
- This recipe makes buttery, lightly sweetened brown sugar sweet potatoes that can be made ahead and reheated all week in the air fryer!
- Why heat up the oven when the air fryer can make perfectly fluffy sweet potatoes with crispy, fried skin in minutes?
Ingredients and Variations
SWEET POTATOES: Choose firm sweet potatoes that are free of any blemishes. Similar-sized regular potatoes can be baked alongside if desired.
SEASONINGS: Just a pat or two of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar is all it takes for sweet and creamy air fryer brown sugar sweet potatoes. A sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon sugar will give them a new twist!
How to Bake Sweet Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Poke holes all around each sweet potato.
- Bake in a preheated air fryer until they are tender per recipe below.
- Cut potatoes open and top with butter, brown sugar, and salt and pepper as desired.
PRO TIP: Brush sweet potatoes with a little oil or leftover bacon grease to get an extra crispy outer skin.
Sweet Potato Toppings
Once sweet potatoes are topped with butter and brown sugar, add a few mini marshmallows on the top, or go for some chopped toasted pecans or walnuts. Savory toppings to try are sour cream with some chopped chives, or simply sprinkle with coarse salt on top of melted butter and brown sugar, for a salted caramel vibe!
Tips & Tricks
- Choose sweet potatoes that are the same size, so they cook at the same rate.
- Poking holes evenly around them before air frying is necessary to allow the steam to escape.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. If cooking for a crowd, bake them in batches.
- When using the air fryer, there’s no need to wrap sweet potatoes in foil before cooking, but you can wrap them in foil afterward to keep them warm if desired.
More Potato Recipes
- One Pan Smoked Sausage and Potatoes – A full meal in one
- Instant Pot Potatoes Au Gratin – Cheesy
- Air Fryer Hot Honey Chicken Thighs & Roasted Potatoes – Sweet
- Twice Baked Potato Skins – Crispy
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole – A Thanksgiving staple
Air Fryer Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1½ tablespoons butter for topping
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the sweet potato.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Cut potatoes open and top with butter, salt & pepper, and brown sugar as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato Recipe