When you’re craving take out but don’t want all the added ingredients or expense, cooking at home is the best option. This Instant Pot Vegetable Fried Rice is perfect for those nights that you’re craving the flavors of your favorite take out fried rice, but don’t want to break the bank.
Take out is fun once in a while but it really does have the potential to be overly expensive. Not only that but sometimes the ingredients aren’t always trustworthy or healthy. Therefore, it is a good idea to create your favorite take out inspired dishes at home. Instant Pot Vegetable Fried Rice is perfect for any night of the week. Not only is it quick and easy in the Instant pot but it is a much healthier alternative to take out.
If you are seeking a recipe that is sure to please the entire family and fulfill your take our cravings, this one is just the ticket.
If you are looking for recipe that is sure to comfort your entire family, look no further. This is it.
Free 40 Recipe Instant Pot Cookbook!
Keep dinner exciting every night with this FREE Instant Pot Cookbook! When you sign up with your email address you not only get the cookbook, you also get to stay up to date on all the newest recipes I post. It’s a win-win! You have to hurry though, I am going to be upping the price of this book to $5.99 at the end of the year!
How to Make Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
How to Make Instant Pot Vegetable Fried Rice
This recipe is made in the Instant pot, making a quick and easy, family friend meal or side dish for any night of the week. Even those busy nights full of extra curriculars.
- This rice is meant to be a blank slate. So add in whatever additions you love to your vegetable fried rice.
- To get started, add the white rice and water to the Instant Pot. Attach the lid and ensure the vent is in sealing position.
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Manual Pressure-Normal-High Pressure function and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to reach the desired pressure and will only begin counting down from 5 after it has reached that point.
- Once your Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position.
- PLEASE BE CAREFUL – The valve may steam and spatter. It is highly suggested that you use a long-handled spatula or tongs to switch it if possible.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the Saute function and add in your frozen vegetables, soy sauce, olive oil and sesame oil.
- Sauté the rice and vegetable together, making sure to stir occasionally for 5-8 minutes or until the rice has started to become crispy in some areas. You also want to ensure that the vegetables are hot.
- Serve with chopped peanuts and sliced green onions if you so desire.
What Else Can I Add to Instant Pot Vegetable Fried Rice?
If you so wish, you can use fresh vegetables in this recipe rather than the frozen ones. A mix of carrots, broccoli and peas make a nice addition. Just make sure that if you are choosing to use fresh onion, you sauté it for a few minutes before adding it to the rice so the flavor is not overpowering.
You can also add egg into the fried rice if you so choose. To do this, remove the cooked rice and vegetables from the Instant Pot. Crack your eggs and cook them through fully, breaking them up as you go. Return your rice and vegetables to the Instant Pot and combine well.
There is also no harm in getting creative. Add in ingredients that you enjoy. Things like water chestnuts, edamame and even unsweetened peanut butter all make fantastic additions to this vegetable fried rice.
Instant Pot Vegetable Fried Rice
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- chopped peanuts and sliced green onions optional-- for garnish
- Add the white rice and water to the Instant Pot. Attach the lid and ensure the vent is in the “sealing” position. Heat the Instant Pot using the Manual Pressure-Normal-High Pressure function and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and will then begin counting down from 5. Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position. Be careful— the valve will steam and may splatter.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the Saute function. Add the frozen vegetables, soy sauce, olive oil, and sesame oil. Saute the rice and vegetables, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes, or until the rice has started to crisp in some areas and the vegetables are hot.
- Serve with chopped peanuts and sliced green onions, if desired.
Fresh vegetables would also work in this recipe— I’d recommend a mix of carrots, broccoli, and peas.
If you don’t have sesame oil, it can be left out of this recipe.
If you like egg in your fried rice, remove the cooked rice and veggies from the Instant Pot, crack an egg (or two) and cook them through fully. Break the eggs up and then return the rice and veggies to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
This recipe is intended as a blank slate— feel free to be creative!