Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak is a delicious meal to add to your weekly menu plan. Not only does the fact that it is made in the instant pot, help to make it a quick meal to create, it’s delicious and perfect for those who want a hearty meal on a weeknight.
Taking almost no time to create, this instant pot Chinese pepper steak is an easy and delicious addition to your family meals, welcoming everyone to the table to enjoy an amazing dinner.
Although sometimes it can feel as though it is impossible to squeeze in time for meal amidst all the chaos of a long day, this Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak makes it possible. Perfect for busy moms and families that are constantly on the go.
Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak
With this recipe, even the pickiest of eaters will be excited to settle in at the table and enjoy a delicious, homemade, family meal.
How to Make Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak
- You will require approximately 1 ½ pounds of boneless beef round steak. This type of steak is one of the leaner cuts that you can choose from, making it perfect for the instant pot. The Instant pot will keep this steak juicy, tender and flavourful. No one will ever know you didn’t purchase an expensive steak with this recipe.
- Prior to adding the steak into the instant pot, you will want to remove any excess fat from them. They work best in this recipe when the steaks are cut into thin strips.
- Turn your Instant Pot to sauté mode, adding vegetable oil and allowing to heat for 1-2 minutes prior to adding the steak.
- Once your Instant Pot has had time to heat, add in your steak and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Sautéing will add a delicious crisp exterior and help to seal in its natural juices.
- Corn-starch is extremely important to this recipe. Once you have added in all the other ingredients, you will want to mix the cornstarch with water and pour it into the instant pot, mixing all the ingredients together well. This will help to create a thickened and delicious sauce.
- Always make sure you turn the pressure valve of your instant pot to seal after you have closed it, this will make sure everything cooks properly.
- This Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak needs to be set at high pressure for 3 minutes, allowing for a quick pressure release at the end of the cooking time.
- This recipe is delicious served over any type of rice you choose as the yummy sauce coats the rice perfectly.
Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe
Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1- 1 ½ lbs boneless beef round steak
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 2 red bell peppers cut in strips
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup water
- 4 green onions chopped, for garnish
- Serve with brown or white rice
- Remove excess fat from steaks. Cut steak into thin strips.
- Turn the pressure cooker on to saute mode. Add vegetable oil and let it heat for 1-2 minutes and then add in the steak. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, seasonings, hoisin sauce, sugar, tomato and bell peppers. Mix the cornstarch with the water in a small cup. Pour it into the Instant Pot and stir all the ingredients together.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker. Turn the pressure valve to sealing.
- Set for a manual high-pressure time of 3 minutes, allowing for a quick pressure release at the end of the cooking time.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.