This recipe for smoked sausage and potatoes is sure to be a family favorite and it’s such an easy recipe to put together!
This simple sausage and potato dish comes together in no time, but it’s a real crowd-pleaser with its savory combination of zesty peppers and fried onions. Chop and dice, add some simple seasonings, cook, and dinner is served!
Easy Sausage and Potatoes
- Everyone loves a one-pan meal like this one. Just assemble the ingredients, toss them onto a sheet pan, and pop them in the oven. How easy is that?
- This recipe uses smoked sausage, peppers and onions, and potatoes for a hearty and healthy entrée. Cook this one pot meal on a busy night or for a big gathering!
- Mix it up with ease! For an added element, add some cooked pasta like thick spaghetti or penne to make a little bit go a lot further.
Ingredients and Variations
SAUSAGE: Any kind of sausage will do because every kind of meat goes with peppers and onions, but for this recipe, smoked sausage is a perfect choice! It has a deep, savory flavor that is complemented perfectly by the other ingredients.
VEGETABLES: Potatoes are the ideal partner for sausages, and peppers and onions bring it all together for a tasty meal that is sure to please. Use green or sweet red peppers or a combination of both!
EXTRAS & ADD-INS: Add some cooked wheat or gluten-free bean pasta, or chop up some cabbage or garnish with some green onion along with parsley and parmesan. Sprinkle in a DIY Italian seasoning mix for a boost of extra flavor.
How to Make Sausage Potato Skillet with Peppers and Onions
This easy recipe is a snap to prepare with these simple steps.
- Line a baking pan or oven-safe dish with parchment paper (as per recipe below).
- Dice potatoes and toss with onion, sausage, and seasonings.
- Bake in a preheated oven.
- While the potato mixture is baking, chop peppers and toss with olive oil.
- Add peppers to the baked potato mixture and bake until potatoes are fork-tender.
Remove from oven and toss with parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
What to do with Leftovers?
- Sausage pepper and onions make for great leftovers! Simply store in the refrigerator in an airtight container and when you are ready to reheat, pop in the microwave or heat on the stove.
- Adjust the seasonings with a little salt and pepper and serve over pasta or rice for a second dinner or a heartier lunch!
- Sausage pepper and onions even freeze easily! Just put portions into zippered bags or airtight containers and label them with the date. Sausage pepper and onions should keep in the freezer for about two months.
More Sausage Recipes
- Instant Pot Sausage and White Bean Soup – Hearty
- Instant Pot Creamy Sausage & Spinach Tortellini Soup – Creamy
- Instant Pot Sausage and Rice Stuffed Peppers – Impressive
One Pan Smoked Sausage And Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced
- ½ large onion diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bell peppers
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large pan with foil and spray with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Toss potatoes, sausage, and onion with olive oil and seasonings, place on pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Chop peppers and toss with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Remove pan from oven and add peppers. Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Stir sausage and veggies half way through cook time.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.