I am a sucker for dip. One of my favorite appetizers to get when eating out is Queso blanco dip. I decided to make some at home this weekend and it turned out amazing!
From what I could find online, American Cheese (found in the deli) really is the way to go. It creates a super creamy dip while the green chilies give this dip the perfect kick. This dip isn’t too spicy (my son loved it), but if you are weary of spice, just add half the amount of green chilies and omit the jalapenos.
My absolute favorite thing about this dip is that it is made in the crockpot!! Just dump your ingredients in and be on your way! I can’t tell you how many times I have burned Velveeta on the stove because I was getting other things ready.
I can tell you by how fast we ate this it would be a hit at any party! Queso Blanco Dip is the perfect addition to any game day celebration! It is football season after all!
Crockpot Queso Blanco Dip
- 1 block regular cream cheese cut into ½ inch cubes (8 oz.)
- 1 pound white american cheese cut into ½ inch cubes (I got this in the deli)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- ½ tablespoon jalepenos chopped fine (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped fine (optional)
- Serve with Tortilla Chips
- In a greased crockpot combine cream cheese, american cheese, butter, green chiles and jalepenos.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Stir the mixture until well mixed, then add a tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and combined.
- Keep cheese dip in crock pot on the warm setting until ready to serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Looks and sounds Delicious. I am making this for My Super Bowl Party..
GO CHIEFS. I am going to
ADD RED FOOD COLORING!!
This looks amazing! I also LOVE cheese dips, but hate using velveeta. I’ve finally found a simple recipe to satisfy my cravings; thanks! 🙂