There are so many wonderful dishes that can be made healthier in your air fryer and let’s face it, after the holidays, many people are looking for some healthier options. While we want healthy, we do not want to have to compromise on flavor and we certainly do not want to have to give up all our favorite foods. This is where these Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings come to save the day.
All the delicious flavors of your favorite classic game night treat without all the guilt. These are perfect for any occasion really. The big game, just because, potlucks and more. These Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings will please any classic wing lover, without them even knowing they are healthier.
The best news? These are generally easy to make and only really require a few ingredients. This makes them easy to whip up for a weeknight meal, a surprise guest or even a quick snack on movie night.
How to Make Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
While this recipe is simple to throw together, you are going to want to make sure that you follow the ratios as closely as possible. This will help to ensure that you get that perfect balance of flavor.
- To get started, you will want to use 3 lemons. Make sure that you finely zest them and squeeze the juices.
- If you are not marinating the wings you will want to use 1 teaspoon of salt to season them. If you are taking the time to marinate them, you will not want to add anymore salt.
- You will need at least 2 pounds of chicken wing sections, so make sure you check your local grocery store to ensure that is what they have to offer.
- Place your chicken wings in a freezer bag and add the lemon juice. Seal tightly and place in a large bowl to protect from leaks.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning the bag every once in a while.
- To prepare the seasoning, combine the lemon zest, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- If making the seasoning in advance, place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- When ready to cook, preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and pat dry using paper towels.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and rub with your seasoning.
- Prepare your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken wings into the air fryer basket, making sure to leave space between them for air circulation.
- Cook the wings for approximately 20 to 30 minutes. The cook time greatly depends on the size of the wings themselves and the wattage of your air fryer.
- Turn once.
What do I Serve with Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings?
These wings pair well with virtually anything from a side salad to veggies and dip. Serve them with ranch, or bleu cheese to dip.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wing Recipe
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- 3 lemons finely zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt optional (only needed if NOT marinating the wings)
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken wing sections
- Place chicken wings in a freezer bag and add the lemon juice. Seal tightly and place in a large bowl (to protect from leaks.) Refrigerate overnight, turning the bag when you think about it.
- To prepare the seasoning, combine the lemon zest, salt (if needed), black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Set aside if using soon or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and pat the chicken dry using paper towels.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and rub with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket leaving space between for air circulation.
- Cook the chicken wings for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the size of the wings and the wattage of the air fryer) turning once.
Check out another Air Fryer Meal…