Who says pumpkin is only for coffee and pie? Mix up a delicious spin on your next breakfast or brunch with Baked Pumpkin French Toast! Don’t fall into the traditional pumpkin mold. Pumpkin can be wonderful in more than just pies.
I love to mix up a batch for my lazy family Sundays as we call them. My picky eating 3 year old absolutely loves these! It’s one of the only things that doesn’t end up on the floor.
This Baked Pumpkin French Toast is so easy to make and looks so elegant when finished. This is a great way to impress your family (or friends)! It can even double as a dessert!
Baked Pumpkin French Toast
- baking sheet
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp. Pumpkin Puree
- 9 pieces Thick Brioche French Bread
- 1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs, Vanilla Extract, Pumpkin Spice, Almond Milk, and Maple Syrup.
- Add Pumpkin Puree. Mix well.
- Using 6 ramekins, (which are individual servings), tear a part 1½ pieces of Brioche Bread for each ramekin. Fill halfway full of bread and pour egg mixture atop, distributing evening to each ramekin. Use a spoon to pat down the bread so that it soaks up the egg mixture. Fill the remainder of each ramekin with bread. Pour the remainder of egg mixture into each ramekin. Pat down the bread once again.
- Place ramekins onto baking sheet. Cover with Saran Wrap. Keep in refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove ramekins from refrigerator. Remove Saran Wrap and bake in oven (on baking sheet) for approximately 30 minutes or until golden. Remove.
- Each dish will rise quite a lot, but will settle within a few minutes after removing from oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar atop each serving, and add maple syrup if you so desire. Serve and enjoy!