Instant Pot banana bread is so easy to make. Now quick breads are even quicker to make when they’re baked in the Instant Pot!
This recipe is perfect as a breakfast bread with coffee or tea, or a healthy afternoon or post-workout snack, and kids just love it! No need to heat up the oven, either!
Instant Pot Banana Bread!
- Just set it and forget it! The Instant pot makes a moist and flavorful loaf of banana bread that doesn’t require heating up the oven.
- This easy quick bread recipe uses basic ingredients and has options for gluten and sugar-free loaves as well as add-ins!
- Double up the recipe and freeze a loaf for future snacking.
- The versatile Instant Pot saves time, and cleanup, and keeps the oven off when it’s too hot outside to bake!
Ingredients in Instant Pot Banana Bread
Bananas – Go for the spotty ones that no one else wants to eat because they are sweeter. Applesauce can be used along with the bananas half and half or make apple bread by using only applesauce.
Batter – This recipe calls for white flour, but a half-white and half-wheat blend adds a little more fiber and gluten-free flour can also be used, simply refer to the conversion guide on the package. Feel free to decrease or use a sugar-free alternative as well.
Extras – Chocolate chips, shredded zucchini, coconut, or nuts like pecans or walnuts are good choices for banana bread.
PRO TIP: For extra moist banana bread, add some shredded zucchini – it’s flavorless and adds extra nutrients!
How to Make Instant Pot Banana Bread
- Spray springform pan (any pan will do) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Cream the butter and sugar together then add remaining ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Pour batter into the pan and cook in the Instant Pot as directed. Release the springform pan sides before serving.
Keeping Banana Bread Fresh
Keep leftover Instant Pot banana bread in a covered container at room temperature or in the fridge. Freeze loaves or slices by wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap and then into a zippered bag.
More Quick Dessert Recipes
Instant Pot Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water to bring Instant Pot to pressure
- With nonstick cooking spray, grease a 7.5 inch springform pan.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter together in a mixer until fluffy.
- Mash the bananas and mix together with the eggs and vanilla until well blended. Mix in the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat together until combined. The batter will be somewhat thick. Do not overmix.
- Stir in nuts, and sprinkle some on top. Pour the batter into the springform pan. With a spatula smooth out the top.
- With aluminum foil cover the springform pan. Place on a trivet with handles (or create a sling using aluminum foil.)
- Add some water to the liner of the Instant Pot. Carefully lower the trivet with the bread into the liner.
- Program the Instant Pot for 50 minutes on manual or“pressure cook.” When the cook cycle is complete, perform a quick release of the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Lift the trivet from the Instant Pot. Remove the aluminum foil and allow the bread to rest.
- Once cooled, release the springform pan sides. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe