There’s something undeniably comforting about a flavorful, cozy creamy soup recipe.
If it’s everyday, family get-togethers, holidays, parties, or potlucks, there’s just something about the rich and velvety texture of a creamy soup that makes us feel all warm and cozy inside. They’re the perfect one-pot dish that only needs a hunk of bread and butter for a complete meal. We love creamy soups because they are quick and simple to make, and budget-friendly.
Can You Freeze Creamy Soup?
It is possible to freeze creamy soups, but the texture might change a little bit after freezing and the milk or cream might separate. Once thawed, remember to stir the soup well, and add some fresh ingredients. Creamy soups will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.
How to Store Leftover Soup
Keep leftover soups covered in the refrigerator for between 3 and 5 days.
Thaw frozen soups in the refrigerator overnight before reheating them on the stovetop or microwave. Frozen soups can be thawed on slow heat in the crockpot if desired, too.
The Shortlist of Creamy Soups
Table of Contents
Here is a list of our fave creamy soups that can be made on the stovetop, the crockpot, or the Instant Pot for soups that are filling, flavorful, and will soon be family favorites!
Instant Pot Soups
Get people-pleasing, creamy soup goodness from the Instant Pot in minutes with these recipes!
Everyone loves an aromatic, slow simmering soup on the stove!
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Got a crockpot? Nothing tastes better than a classic soup made in a slow cooker.
What’s a delicious soup without a thick hunk of garlic bread, some cheesy breadsticks, or a few fluffy dinner rolls? Creamy soups also need tangy side salads that complement them! How about a crispy cucumber relish salad, a leafy green salad with a bright vinaigrette, or a colorful Greek salad.
Leave a comment below and let us know what your favorite creamy soup recipe is!
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- ¼ cup butter unsalted
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 pound cremini or white mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 teaspoon fresh
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- Cook the onions in butter in a large pot over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes covered.
- While the soup is simmering, whisk milk and flour until smooth. Whisk into the soup and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Season with salt & pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN these Creamy Soup Recipes