First let me say if you like dill and mushroom this is the soup for you! I wish I had a picture to post but we ate it so quickly that I forgot, I will add it when I make it again! I really really liked this soup and can honestly say I probably ate the whop pot! If you make it before me feel free to add your picture here! Let me know what you think!
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Dutch Oven
- ¼ cup butter unsalted
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 lb cremini or white mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp dried dill weed or 1 teaspoon fresh
- 1 tbsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- Cook the onions in butter in a large pot over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes covered.
- While the soup is simmering, whisk milk and flour until smooth. Whisk into the soup and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Season with salt & pepper to taste and serve.