Looking for the perfect soup for a cold winters night? Look no further because you just found it! With the combination of meat, potatoes, and veggies, this soup is bound to fill you up! This is the perfect way to warm you and your family from head to toe.
This Cheeseburger soup is such a hit in my home around fall/winter. Even my husband (who insists that soup is NOT a meal) loves to have this for dinner. You can make this soup recipe yours with any unique customization you choose. Try adding bacon bits or actual bacon. You will be surprised how much it actually does taste like a bacon cheeseburger!
Add this recipes to your collection (you can actually print it out easily below) because you are going to want to make this again and again!
Oh and just wanted to mention the delicious looking bread bowl is from Panera! You can actually buy them pre-cut for $1.99! It’s so much more convenient then making your own!
- large pot
- ½ - 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- ¾ cup carrots shredded
- ¾ cup celery chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes cubed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook and stir vegetables and beef , until beef is browned
- Stir in basil and parsley. Add broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, usually about 10-12 minutes.
- Add in the remainder of butter and stir in flour. Add the milk, and continue stirring until smooth. Make sure to gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir in cheese. When cheese is melted, add sour cream and heat through. Do not boil.