Fans of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches will love these Homemade Uncrustables.
Super convenient and tasty, uncrustables are a fun way to enjoy a classic sandwich without the crust!
Made with just 3 ingredients, they are ready in no time, and they freeze perfectly so you can always have them on hand!
What are Uncrustables?
Smuckers was onto something when they created a crustless peanut butter and jelly sandwich with sealed edges and such a fun name! Not only are uncrustables uber-popular with the kid crowd, but they’re quick and convenient to simply pop in a lunchbox or backpack!
A Lunchtime Favorite
- Make ahead for school lunches and afterschool snacks or freeze in advance for last-minute road trips, parties, or picnics!
- Customize uncrustables with your favorite fillings and even experiment with different types of bread.
- Making them yourself is a great way to save money, reduce waste, and even get little cooks to help out!
Ingredients & Variations
Bread – Pre-sliced sandwich bread like white or whole wheat is perfect. Both varieties have softer textures which makes them easy to ‘seal’. Avoid breads that have nuts or seeds in them as they won’t seal properly and the bread might tear.
Fillings – These are made with the classic pairing of peanut butter and jelly. But there are so many options, try a scoop of Nutella or any other nut or seed butter.
These even work great for a basic tuna salad or even a slice of deli ham with cheese and a little dab of mayo.
How to Make Uncrustables
- Top a slice of bread with peanut butter and jelly. Top with another piece of bread.
- Using a mason jar ring, press over the center of the sandwich to seal. Use a paring knife to cut away the crusts.
Add to your lunch, toss in the freezer, or enjoy for breakfast!
Freeze homemade uncrustables in single-use zippered bags or freeze several of them on a baking sheet and transfer them to a large zippered bag for up to 3 months.
Thaw on the countertop for about 20 minutes then enjoy.
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons jelly or jam of your choice
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- Lay out 4 slices of bread on a cutting board.
- In the center of each slice of bread, spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter into a circle – make sure to not spread it to the edge! Spoon a little bit of jelly on top of the peanut butter.
- Place the remaining 4 slices of bread on top of the peanut butter and jelly.
- Using a wide-mouth mason jar ring, turn it upside down (wide side down) and press it into the center of each sandwich. Use a knife to cut around the ring, discarding the crusts.
- Place the uncrustables gently into a zippered bag and freeze.
- Pull these out for school lunches or snacks – they will defrost in about 20-30 minutes!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Homemade Uncrustables Recipe