Get all the zesty Italian flavor of a home-baked lasagna with this easy Instant Pot lasagna soup!
This hearty, healthy recipe is chock full of seasoned ground beef, a rich tomato broth, and tender lasagna noodles and it’s sure to be a family favorite!
This simple recipe is made from easy-to-find ingredients, but also accommodates your own interpretation! Use gluten-free noodles or make it vegetarian with soy crumbles.
Why We Love This Savory Soup!
- The Instant Pot makes delicious lasagna soup on the table in less than 20 minutes from start to finish, which makes it a win-win recipe for busy weeknights!
- Make ahead and enjoy all week as the flavors will continue to develop making lasagna soup taste even better!
- Easy and economical for larger families or for a party or potluck, keep the Instant Pot setting on warm and let guests help themselves! Serve with a hunk of Instant Pot bread and a green salad.
Ingredients and Variations
MEAT: Seasoned ground beef can be replaced with ground turkey, chicken, or Italian sausage, or omit the meat altogether and use black beans for a vegetarian version of lasagna soup.
PASTA: Lasagna noodles are simply broken into small pieces for this recipe so smaller, bite-sized pastas like penne, bowtie, or even orzo can work. For keto and gluten-free lasagna soup, replace the pasta altogether with zucchini noodles (zoodles).
BROTH: Chicken broth and crushed tomatoes and a splash of balsamic vinegar provide a savory balance and texture to the soup.
EXTRAS: Instant pot lasagna soup is a great way to use up bits of leftover veggies from the refrigerator, or you can add spinach, kale, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, or toss in a bag of your favorite frozen vegetable medley if you don’t have time to prep!
How to Make Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Follow these steps and dinner will be ready in 20 minutes or less!
- Saute ground beef, then add onion and then the garlic, and cook until softened (as per the recipe below).
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, cover and seal the lid, and set the Instant pot to manual, and pressure cook for 4 minutes.
- Manually vent the steam, remove the lid, and stir.
Season and serve with ricotta or parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
- Keep leftover instant pot lasagna soup covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the Instant Pot or on the stovetop.
- Freeze portions (remove the cooked lasagna noodles, if desired) for up to 2 months.
- Reheat and add fresh lasagna noodles (or other pasta) before serving.
More Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles broken into 1.5" pieces
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function and add the ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until the beef is almost completely browned and broken into small pieces, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is soft and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lasagna noodles and make sure they are all submerged in the liquid.
- Attach the lid and ensure the valve is in the “sealing” position. Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook Manual for 4 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position.
- Stir the soup and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Garnish the soup with ricotta cheese and shredded parmesan, as well as fresh basil, if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe