If you have been looking for something new and exciting to make for dinner, you are in the right place. Tender and delicious this Instant Pot Bulgogi is a fantastic addition to your weekly meal plan. This recipe is done quickly and does not compromise on flavor.
We really enjoy making this recipe any night of the week. It is perfect for those nights that we are craving take out but do not want to spare the expense. The flavors are spot on, reminding me of those fun nights out with the family enjoying a nice meal at our favorite restaurant. Instant Pot Bulgogi has quickly become a new favorite in our house. It certainly adds some excitement to our meal plan.
Creating a delicious and flavorful dinner doesn’t have to be saved only for weekends. This recipe is the perfect addition to your weeknight meal plans, taking the fuss out of your daily dinner adventures.
How to Make Instant Pot Bulgogi
The good news is that this recipe is not overly complicated to put together. It is a delicious and flavorful recipe, created in what seems like no time, thanks to the Instant Pot.
- To get started with this recipe you will need one pound of thin cut steak. You do not need to use an expensive cut of steak for this recipe. We like to use sirloin or chuck, but strip will also work.
- Slice your steak against the grain, making sure that the slices are ½ an inch thick.
- Preheat your Instant Pot on the Saute-High function. Once it is hot, add in your olive oil.
- Add half of your steak at a time and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the cooked steak to a plate, set aside and repeat the above step with the remaining steak.
- Once all of your steak is properly browned, add it back to the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, mirin, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch and sriracha.
- Add the sauce mixture to the Instant Pot and stir well to combine.
- Attach the lid to your Instant Pot and make sure that the valve is in the sealing position. Cook on the pressure cook normal setting for 8 minutes.
- Release the pressure by switching the valve to the venting position.
- Set your Instant pot to the sauté function and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has reached the desired thickness.
- Serve over freshly cooked rice and garnish with green onion or parsley.
What do I Serve with Instant Pot Bulgogi?
We love to serve this recipe over top of freshly cooked rice. We like to use short grain rice as it is heartier and thicker than long grain and pairs well with this bulgogi. We also like to top it with freshly chopped green onion as a garnish.
Instant Pot Bulgogi
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 1 lb thin cut steak see notes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp mirin optional
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp sriracha or to taste
- Slice the steak against the grain into ½” slices.
- Preheat the Instant Pot on the Saute-High function. Once it is hot, add the olive oil to the pot.
- Add half of the steak and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the steak and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the cooked steak to a plate and repeat with the remaining steak.
- Once all of the steak has browned, add it back to the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients (soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, mirin, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, and sriracha). Add the sauce to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Attach the lid and ensure the valve is in the “sealing” position. Cook on the Pressure Cook-Normal setting for 8 minutes.
- Release the pressure by switching the valve to the “venting” position. Set the Instant Pot to the Saute function and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice, garnished with green onion or parsley.
Mirin is optional but helps give a nice sweetness and acidity to the bulgogi.