There are so many delicious things about take out that make you crave it often. Why not satisfy those cravings with this Instant Pot Chicken Ramen with Sweet Chili Oil? It is healthier than take out, done in a jiffy and your tastebuds will thank you.
This recipe has become a favorite of ours in this house. Not only does it remind us of our favorite take out restaurant in some ways, but it is better. This is the perfect meal to whip up in no time on those busy school nights, for guests or simply when the craving hits and you must satisfy it. This Instant Pot Chicken Ramen with Sweet Chili Oil is a fantastic dish, sure to please even the pickiest eaters in your family.
The sweet chili oil adds such an amazing depth of flavor to this dish. It is a little sweet, a little salty, a little spicy and a little crunchy. The textural elements are one of the best parts aside from the flavor and ease of preparation.
Free 40 Recipe Instant Pot Cookbook!
Keep dinner exciting every night with this FREE Instant Pot Cookbook! When you sign up with your email address you not only get the cookbook, you also get to stay up to date on all the newest recipes I post. It’s a win-win! You have to hurry though, I am going to be upping the price of this book to $5.99 at the end of the year!
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Ramen with Sweet Chili Oil
This is the kind of recipe that you will want to make again and again. It is delicious. It is simple and it is great for any night of the week.
- To get started on this recipe you are going to want to ensure that you are using boneless, skin on, chicken thighs. They are moist and cook much better in this dish than just regular chicken breast.
- We also like to use shiitake mushrooms. They really add a rich flavor and texture to this recipe.
- The first step to creating this culinary masterpiece is making the sweet chili oil. To do this start by heating your Instant Pot using the Saute-low function.
- Add your sesame oil, olive oil, honey, garlic and red pepper flakes into your Instant Pot and cook for 3-5 minutes. It is important to ensure that you are stirring occasionally. Once the garlic cloves start to turn golden brown, transfer the oil to a jar and set aside.
- Once that has finished you can get started on your ramen. The good news is that there is no need to rinse out the pan from the chili oil. It will just increase the flavor of the dish.
- Add your olive oil and begin heating your Instant Pot using the Saute-normal function.
- Once your oil has become hot, add in your chicken thighs skin side down. Cook them for 3-5 minutes or until the skin becomes a nice golden-brown color. Carefully remove from the pan, making sure it has not begun to stick.
- Flip the chicken thighs and cook on the other side for an additional minute.
- Remove your chicken thighs from the Instant Pot and add in your sliced mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms, making sure to stir occasionally. You will want them to cook for about 1-2 minutes or until they start to become golden-brown.
- Add in your garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Put your chicken stock, soy sauce, green onion, rice vinegar and chicken thighs in the pot and turn it to manual pressure cook-normal-high pressure. Set the timer for 10 minutes and make sure the lid is in sealing position.
- The Instant pot will take a few minutes to come to pressure and then start the countdown from 10. Once it has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the venting position.
- PLEASE be careful when you open the valve. It will steam and possibly could splatter.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and slice it thinly.
- Turn the Instant pot to the Saute-normal function and add in your eggs and allow them to cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the noodles into the pot after the eggs have been cooking for 4 minutes and once the 8 minutes is up, remove the lid.
- Remove the eggs to an ice bath to stop the cooking process and peel them. Set the aside.
- Add the sliced chicken into the ramen and serve hot with a drizzle of the sweet chili oil, sliced egg and garnish of your choice.
What Can I Garnish My Ramen With?
It is entirely up to you. We find that the sweet chili oil adds a delicious flavor that is brought out by sliced green onions and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Instant Pot Chicken Ramen with Easy Sweet Chili Oil
- 6 qt Instant Pot
For the Sweet Chili Oil
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For The Ramen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs boneless skin-on
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms sliced ¼” thick
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger about 1” knob of ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic about 3 cloves
- 4 cups chicken stock or chicken broth
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sliced green onion about 2 large green onions
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 large eggs optional
- 6 ounces uncooked ramen noodles
- sliced green onions optional, for serving
- lime wedge optional, for serving
Make the Sweet Chili Oil
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute-Low function. Add the sesame oil, olive oil, honey, garlic clove, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the garlic clove is starting to turn golden brown. Transfer the oil to a jar and set aside.
Make the Ramen
- No need to rinse out the pan from the chili oil— it will add more flavor!
- Add the olive oil and heat the Instant Pot using the Saute-Normal function. When the oil is hot, add the chicken thighs, skin side down. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the chicken skin is golden brown and can be removed from the pan without sticking.
- Flip the chicken thighs and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the Instant Pot and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes, or until they start to turn golden brown. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken stock, soy sauce, green onion, rice vinegar, and chicken thighs to the Instant Pot. Turn it to Manual Pressure Cook-Normal-High Pressure and set the timer for 10 minutes. Make sure the valve on the lid is in the “sealing” position.
- The Instant Pot will take a few minutes to come to pressure and then begin counting down from 10. When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position. Be careful when opening the valve, it will steam and may splatter.
- Remove the chicken and slice it thinly. Turn the Instant Pot to the Saute-Normal function. Add the eggs (if using) and cook for 8 minutes.
- Check the cook time on the ramen noodles— add the noodles in while the eggs are cooking. My ramen cooks in 4 minutes so I allowed the eggs to cook for 4 minutes, then added the ramen and continued cooking them together for 4 minutes.
- Remove the eggs to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Gently peel them and set aside.
- Add the sliced chicken back to the ramen. Serve hot with a drizzle of sweet chili oil.