When you use bar soap, it can be difficult to find a place within your shower or bath to store it properly. This Washcloth Soap Holder is sure to change that for the better.
If you have a favorite bar soap that your family loves to use, finding a hygienic way to store it can be difficult. In fact, there has to be a way to store each member of the family’s individual bar of soap. After all, no one wants to clean themselves with someone else’s bar soap. Especially after it touches other people’s nether regions. This cute washcloth soap holder can help to not only hygienically store your bar soap, but it can also help you to decipher whose soap is whose.
When it comes to storing your bar soap, this adorable DIY idea will not only save the day but keep your soap fresh.
How to Make a Washcloth Soap Holder
This DIY idea will help you to get your soaps organized and keep them clean and fresh. All it takes are a few simple items and a little effort.
- To get started with this DIY project, you will need washcloths. The number of washcloths you will need is dependent on how many soap holders you are planning to make. You will also want to make sure that you have 1/2” ribbon, sewing pins, fabric scissors, measuring tape, a sewing machine or matching thread and a bar of soap.
- Once you have your washcloths, prior to starting your soap holder, you will want to ensure that you wash them first. This will make sure they don’t shrink after you have already constructed them.
- Measure and cut a 4 x 11” piece on the side of your washcloth. You will want to make sure that you cut off the hemmed side of the cloth.
- Fold your piece of washcloth in half, inside out, bringing the short ends together.
- Carefully pin the sides of the cloth together, leaving an opening at the top.
- This is where the ribbon comes in. Measure and cut a 5” piece of the ribbon and fold it in half pinning one side on the top of the washcloth.
- Stitch the sides of the washcloth together, folding the ribbon at an angle to sew on one side.
- Turn the washcloth pocket right side out and slip a bar of soap inside.
What are the Uses for a Washcloth Soap Holder?
Not only can a washcloth soap holder be a great way to store your soaps and keep them separate and clean, but they are great for gifts. This easy to make DIY project is sure to make a fantastic gift for anyone in your life.