The summer months are upon us and what better way to cool down than with a nice cold glass of Instant Pot Iced Tea? That’s right. Now you can make this delicious and refreshing beverage in your Instant Pot too.
This amazing recipe is perfect to serve at a backyard BBQ, family get together or a picnic. Make a big jug of this Instant Pot Iced Tea to serve to your guests, or even just your family. A delicious and refreshing drink made in the instant pot may seem like a stretch but it is reality. You simply put all the ingredients into your Instant Pot and it does all the work for you, creating the best Iced Tea you have probably ever had.
The Instant Pot does a fabulous job of infusing the flavors you want into the tea without bitterness. This can be served at any time of day for any reason and is perfect for the summer months.
How to Make Instant Pot Iced Tea
This recipe is easy to pull together. All you require is a little time, a few simple ingredients and an Instant Pot.
- Use 8 cups of water for this recipe. You will want to ensure that it is bottled or filtered.
- The tea you use is totally up to you. You can choose to use 2 tea bags of either decaffeinated or full caffeine tea. You will also want to add 1 peach tea bag to add delicious flavor.
- You will want to sweeten the iced tea a little using either half a cup of granulated sugar or a sweetener alternative.
- Pour the water into your instant pot and add the tea bags and sugar. Make sure to give it a good stir to combine.
- Place the lid of the instant pot and turn the pressure valve to seal.
- Press the manual button and set the time for 4 minutes.
- When the instant pot has finished and the timer has gone off, allow it to release the pressure for 15 minutes. Once the 15 minutes has passed, using a potholder, carefully turn the pressure valve to venting. This will make sure the pressure is totally released.
- Remove the lid and stir the tea, removing the tea bags and allow the beverage to cool for a few minutes.
- Once cooled, pour the tea into a jug or pitcher and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve over ice and garnish with slices of fresh peach.
What Kind of Tea to Use for Instant Pot Iced Tea?
The most common types of tea for the perfect iced tea are black, green, oolong and several different types of herbal mixtures. If you are making this Instant Pot Iced tea, opting for a green tea or traditional orange pekoe is a great way to bring out the flavour of the peach that accompanies it.
Common types of iced tea are black, green, oolong (烏龍茶), and lots of herbals as well. Iced herbal teas are especially popular in the hot summers, where “yin”（陰）or cooling herbs are used to maketea such as chrysanthemum, kuding tea (苦丁茶), etc.
Instant Pot Iced Tea
Instant Pot Iced Tea
- 8 cups filtered or bottled water
- 2 tea bags caffeine, or caffeine free
- 1 peach tea bag
- ½ cup sugar or alternative sweetener
- 1 ripe peach for garnish
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot, add the sugar and tea bags and stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and turn the pressure valve to 'SEALING'. Press the MANUAL button (or pressure cook button on newer models), and set the time to 4 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done, and goes to OFF, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, and with a pot holder, carefully turn the pressure valve to 'VENTING', making sure all the pressure is released.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and stir the tea. Remove the tea bags, and allow the tea to cool for a few minutes. Pour the tea into a Pitcher, and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Serve over ice, with slices of fresh peach on the side or in the glass of tea. Enjoy!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
If you are looking for another delicious and quick meal check out this Instant Pot Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice or Instant Pot Cashew Chicken!