Sometimes, figuring out what to make for dinner each day can feel like a bit of a burden. Especially when you want to switch it up. This Instant Pot Peanut Chicken will not only give you a delicious new recipe to add to your repertoire, but it will also please everyone gathered around your table.
This delicious meal is perfect for those busy nights that have you baffled as to what to serve your family. You know, the ones I am talking about. The ones that have you standing there with the fridge wide open talking to yourself. This is where this Instant Pot Peanut Chicken comes in. It can be made rather quickly in your instant pot without much fuss and your entire family will love it.
Creamy, sweet with a bit of a kick, this recipe is perfect paired with rice. It packs a delicious combination of flavors and textures that will not only please your palate, but have people craving more.
How to Make Instant Pot Peanut Chicken
This recipe is perfect for busy nights as it doesn’t take much time to make. It doesn’t compromise on flavor though, that is for sure.
- This recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken breast. Make sure that you cube it up before cooking.
- Set your instant pot to the sauté function. When the pressure cooker reads hot, you will want to add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You are going to want to add your chicken stock into the instant pot in batches. This will ensure that it browns evenly on each side.
- Pour your chicken stock into your pot with the sauté function still on and scrape the bottom to remove any cooked on bits.
- Whisk your coconut milk together with the solids. Add in your liquid aminos, ginger, brown sugar substitute, lime juice, zest and chili garlic sauce.
- Pour this sauce over top of your chicken in the instant pot. Do not stir as it may read burn if the peanut butter is mixed into the sauce.
- Turn your sauté function off by selecting cancel and over the instant pot, setting the valve to sealing.
- Set your Instant pot to manual or pressure cook for 9 minutes and once your cycle is complete, perform a natural release for 5 minutes before changing to quick release.
- If you sauce is not as thick as you desire, reset the cooker to the sauté function, stir in the xanthan gum and bring it to a boil. Continue stirring until your sauce has reached your desired thickness.
- Garnish with peanuts and sliced green onions and serve over your desired vessel.
What Can I Serve with This Instant Pot Peanut Chicken?
This recipe is pretty versatile. It can be served over top of zucchini noodles, egg noodles, rice or even on its own. We love to serve it either way and it is always delicious.
Instant Pot Peanut Chicken
- 2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive or peanut oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp liquid aminos
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tbsp brown sugar substitute like Swerve Brown Sugar
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum for thickening if desired
- peanuts for garnish
- sliced green onions for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set electric pressure cooker to saute function. When the pressure cooker reads “hot,” add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the chicken in batches and cook just until brown on each side.
- Pour chicken stock into electric pressure cooker pot with the saute function on and scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any cooked on pieces.
- Whisk together coconut milk (with the solids), liquid aminos, ginger, brown sugar substitute, lime juice, lime zest, and chili garlic sauce. Pour over the chicken in the electric pressure cooker.
- Drop peanut butter in dollops over the top of the chicken. Do not stir as the pressure cooker will read “burn” if the peanut butter is mixed into the sauce.
- Turn off the saute function by selecting “cancel.” Cover the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the electric pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” for 9 minutes. Once the cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before quick release.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, reset the electric pressure cooker to turn on the saute function. Stir in the xanthan gum and bring to a boil. Stir until thickened.
- Serve peanut chicken over zucchini noodles, rice, or alone. Garnish with peanuts and sliced green onions.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.