These garlic parmesan chicken thighs are cooked to tender juicy perfection in the Instant Pot.
Garlic parmesan chicken thighs are cooked in a buttery garlic parmesan sauce in the Instant Pot so they come out juicy, tender, and oh-so flavorful in minutes!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Chicken is a perfect culinary backdrop for all kinds of flavor combinations and this garlic parmesan sauce is no exception! It’s buttery and garlicky with the perfect touch of savory parmesan that clings to the chicken giving it that slow-cooked tenderness!
- Make an extra batch of chicken and use it all week for quick dinners, workday lunches, and after-school snacks, or enjoy them on movie night with your fave dipping sauce!
- We love recipes that only need a few ingredients, it’s likely everything you need for the sauce is already in the refrigerator and pantry! And the Instant Pot makes parmesan chicken thighs taste like they’ve been baked without even turning the oven on!
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Chicken thighs are extra juicy because of their darker meat, and leaving the skin on is perfect for the garlic parmesan sauce to cling to. However, chicken breasts or wings can be used as well. Just make sure the chicken breasts are the same size so they cook evenly.
SAUCE: The garlicky parmesan sauce gives chicken thighs their signature flavor! Add more or less garlic as desired. A dash of cayenne pepper or a splash of lemon juice will round out the salty flavor of the cheese. Use fresh parmesan cheese and grind it with a mortar and pestle or a mini food processor so it is extra fine.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and saute them in the Instant Pot until they start to turn golden brown.
- Remove them and place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken pieces on the trivet and pour in water or chicken broth (as per the recipe below).
- Seal and cook on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes, then allow the Instant Pot to vent.
- Remove chicken thighs, toss in a garlic parmesan sauce, and serve immediately.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl and toss the cooked chicken thighs in the sauce.
What to Serve With Garlic Parmesan Chicken?
Serve garlic parmesan chicken thighs over pasta, rice, or, if you’re going low-carb, some creamy cauliflower mash. Add veggies like sliced mushrooms or chopped spinach to the pasta for extra texture and flavor. Add a simple green salad and some dinner rolls and dinner is served!
Keep leftover garlic parmesan chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy them cold or reheat pieces in the oven, air fryer, or microwave. Cooled portions can be frozen in zippered bags for up to 2 months.
Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
Did you try these Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Thighs? Leave a comment and rating below!
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
To Cook the Chicken
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute-Normal function. Add the olive oil and butter.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
- When the butter has melted, add the chicken thighs skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken has started to turn golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot off. Add the trivet to the bottom and place the chicken thighs, skin side up, on the trivet. Try not to overlap them. Pour in the water or chicken stock. Set the Instant Pot to Manual Pressure Cook-Normal-High for 10 minutes. Make sure the pressure valve is in the “sealing” position.
- When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, manually release the pressure by switching the valve to the “venting” position. Be careful; the vent will steam and may splatter!
- Remove the chicken thighs and set them aside. Remove the trivet and discard the water/stock.
To Make the Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute-Normal function. Add the butter, olive oil, garlic cloves, and red pepper flakes, if using.
- When the butter has melted and the garlic has started to turn golden, add the parmesan and fresh chopped parsley and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken thighs to the Instant Pot and toss to combine. Make sure the chicken thighs get coated on all sides with the garlic parmesan sauce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs Recipe