Okay so I can never make cheesecake correctly!!! My cheesecake is always falling in the middle or is over/undercooked. This recipe has made a cheesecake lover out of even my two year old. I gave him a little piece after we had dinner tonight and he went crazy. He cried until I gave him more (notice the two pieces cut out above). If you have cheesecake issues or just want a delicious NY style cheesecake I’m telling you this is your recipe. Its super simple to follow but its really critical that you leave this in the oven and do not open the door until the next morning or it will develop the fallen center (BELIVE ME).
New York Cheesecake
- 9-inch springform pan
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter melted
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Stir melted butter, sugar, and graham crumbs in a bowl. Press into the bottom of the springform pan and about 1-inch up the sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Whisk in milk.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring just until mixed.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Once baked, turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven (without opening the door) for 4 hours.
- Onced cooled, refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.