When it comes to delicious dinner ideas, it’s easy to get hung up on what to make. This Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken and Rice is a great way to change up your weekly meal plan and provide your family with something new and exciting to look forward to at dinner time.
This is one recipe I am super excited to bring to you today! It took a little testing but I finally got it down to a science. Since making my Instant Pot Chicken, Broccoli and Rice and Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Rice, I have been looking for another unique way to twist up traditional rice and chicken dinner.
See how easy Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken and Rice is to make!
This recipe is a delicious addition to your weekly meal plan. Not only will it spice things up a little, but it’s a filling and comforting meal no matter the reason or the season. Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken and Rice makes for a perfect easy dinner for a crowd too. Especially with last minute guests as it can be done so quickly.
So, if you like a little spice and enjoy something a little different once in a while, this recipe is sure to spice up your weekly meal plan or get together. The best part? Your family and friends will love every single well rounded bite, and you will too.
How to Make Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken and Rice
This amazing recipe is so easy to make and done in what seems like no time. Taking only 15 minutes of preparation, you can get this cooking quickly.
- To get started on this recipe you will want 1 and a half pounds of boneless chicken. Cube it up so that it evenly cooks.
- It is important that you do not drain the tomatoes with green chilies, as you will want some of the juice for the recipe.
- You can use whatever colors of peppers you so desire. Red, green, yellow and orange are all beautiful additions to this recipe.
- It is important to use long grain rice in this recipe to ensure that it cooks properly.
- Place your chicken, rice, broth, tomatoes, taco seasoning, peppers, onion, garlic, oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper into the Instant Pot. DO NOT STIR at this point.
- Place your lid on the Instant Pot and turn the vent to the sealing position.
- Cook on manual high pressure, or the pressure cook button on the newer models, for 5 minutes.
- When timer is up, allow for a 5 minute natural release and then manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Take the chipotle peppers out and stir everything up well.
- Add in your shredded cheese to the top and place the lid back on.
- Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Top with sour cream, cilantro or anything else you would like and enjoy.
What Do I Serve with Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken and Rice?
This recipe is really a one pot meal. You really do not have to serve anything along side it. If you want to, you can pair this dish with a salad.
Looking for another Instant Pot Chicken and Rice meal? Be sure to check out my insanely popular Instant Pot Chicken, Broccoli and Rice! It’s another super simple one pot meal the family will love!
Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken and Rice
- 1 ½ lbs boneless chicken cubed
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- 1 ½ cup long grain rice
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped peppers use your favorite colors
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoon mild taco seasoning
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce from the can
- 3 tablespoon adobo sauce from the can
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken, rice, broth, tomatoes, taco seasoning, peppers, onion, garlic, oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper into Instant Pot. DON’T STIR.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and turn vent to the sealing position. Cook on manual high pressure (or the pressure cook button for newer models)for 5 minutes. When timer is up, allow for a 5 minute natural release and then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Take chipotle peppers out and stir everything up. Add shredded cheese to the top and place lid back on. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes (just enough time to allow the cheese to melt).
- Top with sour cream, cilantro, or any of your other favorites and enjoy!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.