There is just something about visiting your favorite coffee shop and picking up a delicious concoction of flavors. Unfortunately, though, most often, the things we love are only available for a limited time. This is where this Instant Pot Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider recipe comes in.
With this delicious recipe, you can enjoy your favorite flavors all year round. No more waiting with bated breath for the coffee shop to start their promotions again. This Instant Pot Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider tastes just like the real thing and you can easily make it at home.
Invite your friends over and surprise them with their favorite beverage anytime of the year. Trust me, they will thank you. Not only is this easy to make, but it truly does taste exactly like the original. So grab your Instant Pot out and get started on making this delicious cider recipe at home.
How to Make Instant Pot Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice Cider
This recipe is an easy take on a copycat of your favorite drink. All it takes are a few ingredients, a little time and a few delicious spices.
- This recipe makes 7.5 cups, so it is perfect for sharing.
- You will want to make sure that you have about 5 pounds of apples. This is the equivalent to about 8 large apples. Remember to keep them unpeeled.
- The spices you will need in this recipe are cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. This creates its delicious depth of flavor.
- Place all the ingredients except for the caramel into the instant pot. Close the lid and set it to sealing.
- Cook on manual for about 10 minutes. When the timer is done, allow for the pot to perform a full natural release.
- Place a wire strainer on top of a large bowl. Using a large ladle, scoop out the contents of the pot into the strainer. Do not just dump it because it will not all go through due to the pulp.
- Use the backside of the ladle to mash the apples through the wire strainer and continue doing this until the pot is empty.
- Keep in mind, the best juice comes from the apples and this helps to get some delicious pulp into your cider.
- You can make sure you decrease your food waste by using the leftover pulp to make apple butter or use it in a cake.
- Pour the cider back into the instant pot and turn it to sauté. Add in your caramel syrup and stir frequently until it dissolves.
- Turn off your instant pot and serve this hot or cold topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.
How Long Does It Take to Make Instant Pot Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice Cider?
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it takes almost no time to put together. The preparations only take about 10 minutes at most, making it easy to put together. The cook time itself is only 10 minutes but it does take an additional 15 minutes of natural release.
Instant Pot Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice Cider
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 5 pounds apple about 8 large apples cored and sliced into 8 pieces, unpeeled
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 ½ cups water
- ⅓ cup caramel syrup
- Place all the ingredients except the caramel in the Instant Pot. Close lid and set to the sealing position.
- Cook on manual (the pressure cook button on newer models) for 10 minutes. When timer is up, allow for a full natural release of pressure.
- Place a wire strainer on a large bowl. Use a large ladle start and start to scoop out the contents of the pot. Don’t just dump it because then you won’t have a good apple juice to pulp ratio plus it won’t all go through at once.
- Use the back side of the ladle and mash the apples through the wire strainer. Continue doing this until the pot is empty. The best juice comes from the apples and this helps to get some delicious pulp into your cider. To make this recipe no waste, keep your excess pulp to make apple butter (I am going to be linking to the apple butter recipe I just posted in the group) or to use in cake!
- Pour cider back into the pot and turn it onto sauté. Add the caramel syrup and stir frequently until dissolved.
- Turn Instant Pot off and serve either hot or cold with some whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.