When dinner needs to be on the table fast, make this recipe for feta tomato pasta.
It’s the TikTok viral sensation that everyone is raving about! The Instant Pot makes short work of this Mediterranean-inspired tomato feta pasta dish that’s loaded with fresh tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese.
Serve it hot or chilled with a glass of Chablis, for a light and healthy summer meal.
What is Feta Tomato Pasta?
- Ready to serve in under 15 minutes, this flavorful dish combines pasta with a brick of feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and fresh basil. It’s all prepared in minutes in the Instant Pot. It began as a viral hit on TikTok and has now gone mainstream, and for good reason. It’s easy to make and delicious!
- Simple, light, and meatless are what best describe this healthy meatless dish. It combines everything we love about Mediterranean cuisine, especially pasta. It’s a perfect dish for meatless meals or vegetarians.
- This one-pot meal is fast and easy to prep. Just mince the garlic, and julienne the basil leaves.
- Leftover tomato feta pasta tastes even better the next day. Reheat, or enjoy it straight from the refrigerator with a squeeze of lemon juice!
Ingredients and Variations
Pasta – Use a substantial pasta shape so that it will stand up to pressure cooking. Penne, rigatoni, or farfalle (bowtie) pasta are good choices.
Tomatoes – Fresh cherry tomatoes work best in this feta tomato past recipe. They’re just the right size and are bursting with sweetness. You can also use quartered fresh plum tomatoes or a can of whole tomatoes if that’s what you have on hand.
Cheese – Feta gives a distinctive flavor and texture to this dish. Use a fresh whole brick and it will naturally crumble as it cooks without melting. If you only have access to crumbled feta, press them into a ball before cooking so they won’t pulverize. Sprinkle with Parmesan before serving for some extra cheesiness.
Extras – You don’t have to make feta tomato pasta meatless. Try it with chicken, but just make sure it’s precooked. Leftover shredded pork tenderloin or Instant Pot chicken can be added and are full of succulent flavor. Toss in other veggies for color and taste. Spinach, asparagus, broccoli, green onion, or peas are healthy, fresh options. Other tasty add-ins are olives, capers, or mushrooms.
How to Make Tomato Feta Pasta in the Instant Pot
- Cook the pasta on high pressure for four minutes, then drain and remove to a large bowl.
- Place the remaining ingredients except for the basil into the pot, with the brick of feta in the center, and cook on high for another four minutes.
- Stir the contents of the Instant Pot with the pasta, sprinkle with basil, and serve.
Serve this fresh dish with some home-baked bread or a fresh salad with a tangy vinaigrette.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating in the microwave. stovetop, or oven in a foil-covered dish. Use medium or low heat and monitor to prevent it from sticking or burning.
Instant Pot Feta Pasta
- 1 box dried pasta (16 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 block feta cheese (8 ounces)
- ¼ cup basil julienned
- Add the pasta, salt, and water to the Instant Pot and attach the lid. Ensure the valve is in the sealing position and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. When the Instant Pot has finished, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the venting position.
- Remove the pasta to a large bowl. Add the olive oil, cherry tomatoes, and garlic to the instant pot and toss to combine. Place the block of feta in the center and reattach the instant pot lid (make sure your valve is in sealing position again). Cook for an additional 4 minutes on high pressure.
- Release the pressure manually and remove the lid. Break up the tomatoes (either using a fork or wooden spoon) and mix in the feta. Add the pasta and toss to combine. Add the basil and enjoy!
- Store any leftover pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Feta Tomato Pasta Recipe