Try this lemon pea pasta made in an Instant Pot for something different and delish!
Looking for a fresh and flavorful twist on a classic pasta recipe? This Instant Pot lemon and pea pasta is the answer. It’s quick, easy, and bursting with flavor!
Fresh & Flavorful Lemon Pea Pasta
- This dish is made quick in one pot, with no need for boiling pasta water or reducing a sauce on the stovetop!
- Lemon and pea pasta is the perfect dish for a quick and easy weeknight meal but just as elegant for serving when company is coming over, with its fresh and colorful peas and creamy parmesan cheese sauce.
- Vegetarians love the robust flavor of lemon pea pasta and non-vegetarians won’t even miss the protein! But feel free to add prawns, leftover chicken, or bacon bits, if desired.
Ingredients and Variations
Peas – Use fresh or frozen peas (no need to thaw!). Canned peas should be used as a last resort since they aren’t as firm as fresh or frozen. Other veggies to add are chopped asparagus, sundried tomatoes, or spinach.
Pasta – Choose medium-sized pasta shapes that hold the sauce well. We like penne, rotini, fusilli, or bow-tie, but plain spaghetti or linguine will work, too. For a low-carb dish, scoop the veggies and sauce over cauliflower mash.
Sauce – Don’t skimp on the real butter, cream, or lemon juice for this recipe! It’s worth it to squeeze fresh lemon juice and use that zest for the brightest flavors! For an extra rich sauce, stir in some ricotta cheese in Step 5.
How to Make Instant Pot Lemon Pea Pasta
The Instant Pot makes cooking the pasta a breeze, and the creamy lemon sauce adds a burst of freshness and flavor that you won’t soon forget!
- Saute oil and garlic in the Instant Pot.
- Add pasta, water, and salt, and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the lid and stir in the remaining ingredients (as per recipe below).
- Seal the Instant Pot and set it to warm for about 3 minutes, or until the peas are warmed through.
- Stir and season to taste before serving. Garnish with fresh herbs like basil, extra basil, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a pop of color.
Storing Lemon Pea Pasta
This dish is just as delish when it’s cold so it makes for a light and delicious workday lunch! Keep leftover lemon pea pasta in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat with a little milk to loosen the sauce over medium heat on the stovetop.
More Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes
Instant Pot Lemon Pea Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic minced, about 1 tablespoon
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Place the Instant Pot on the Sauté-Normal function. Add the olive oil and garlic and cook until fragrant– about 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta, water, and salt– no need to stir.
- Attach the lid and ensure the valve is in the sealing position. Turn the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook for 4 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot has finished, release the pressure by switching the valve to the “venting” position– be careful, it will steam!
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place the lid back on the Instant Pot (it should be on the keep warm setting) and let it sit for 2-3 minutes, or until the peas have warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Lemon Pea Pasta Recipe!