Bruschetta pasta is a quick and easy one-pot meal!
It’s loaded with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and basil cooked with penne pasta in a light balsamic vinegar sauce!
Instant Pot Bruschetta Pasta!
- Bruschetta is a light and tangy topping that is usually served on toasted bread, but mixed into pasta it makes this dish a full meal deal that everyone will love!
- This simple recipe is ready in less than 10 minutes and can be served as a light summer dinner.
- Make ahead and reheat for quick and easy dinners and workday lunches all week!
- Bruschetta pasta is a hearty meatless meal that can be served with a side of homemade garlic bread, and a fresh summer salad.
Ingredients and Variations
Tomatoes – Roma tomatoes are a first choice because they’re meatier and have a thinner skin that’s easy to cut. Cherry tomatoes come in a variety of colors like red, green, yellow, orange, or even black, and add will make bruschetta pasta a colorful addition to any table!
Pasta – Choose thicker pastas that have ridges or are tubular so the sauce can cling and the pasta stays firm. Penne, rotini, farfalle, ziti, and even larger elbow macaroni shapes are good choices.
Variations – Sauté shrimp with the garlic in Step 4 before adding the pasta or add cooked diced or shredded chicken similar to the TGIFriday’s recipe, or switch out the pasta for zucchini noodles for a lower calories and keto-friendly version a la Pampered!
Toppings – Serve bruschetta pasta with toasted pine nuts, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes or extra basil!
How to Make Bruschetta Pasta
- Cook pasta in Instant Pot per recipe directions below. Drain pasta into a large bowl.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté and cook garlic in olive oil and butter. Return the pasta to the Instant Pot and toss. Return pasta to the bowl.
- Combine vinegar, tomatoes, and basil in a bowl, plate the pasta, and top with the tomato mixture. Garnish as desired and serve hot.
Storing Bruschetta Pasta
Keep leftover bruschetta pasta in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave.
PRO TIP: Add a little fresh basil or a squeeze of lemon to refresh the flavors!
It’s not advisable to freeze bruschetta pasta since tomatoes and pasta don’t thaw well and the consistency won’t be the same. But this recipe is so quick and easy, simply start fresh!
Instant Pot Bruschetta Pasta
- 1 box penne pasta (16 ounces
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 large Roma tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup basil julienned
- Optional Toppings: toasted pine nuts, grated parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes
- Add the pasta, water, and salt to the instant pot and attach the lid. Ensure the valve is in the sealing position and set the instant pot to cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once the pasta has cooked, quick release the pressure by switching the valve to the venting position. Remove the pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, butter, and garlic to the pot and set it to the sauté-normal function.
- Cook just until the butter has melted and the garlic has become fragrant. Then, add the pasta back to the pot and toss to combine. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, Roma tomatoes, and basil.
- Plate the pasta and top with the tomato mixture. Garnish with your choice of toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.