Perfect for game day, birthdays or any occasion really, these Instant Pot Turkey Meatball Subs are the perfect addition to your menu plan.
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it can be ready in about half an hour. Saving you time to be able to enjoy your game day party or get together. These delicious Instant Pot Turkey Meatball Subs are perfect for weeknight meals too. All you have to do is simply pair them with a side salad and you have a complete meal ready in what seems like no time.
So, if you like meatballs and you enjoy a good sub every once in a while, this recipe is sure to spice up your weekly meal plan or get together. The best part? Your family and friends will love them, and you will too. Especially because they are so simple to make and can be done in what seems like no time.
How to Make Instant Pot Turkey Meatball Subs
These amazing meatball subs are the easy to make and done in what seems like no time. Perfect for any reason, and any season.
- To make these delicious meatball subs you can use 1 pound of frozen turkey meatballs. It is even better if you can find the ones with Italian seasoning as they add delicious flavor to the meat.
- You can use a jar of your favorite tomato or marinara sauce to make this, making it even easier to throw together.
- You can really use whatever kind of bread you want to make these sandwiches. Hoagie rolls, baguettes or even French bread can work for this too.
- To get started, pour the tomato or marinara sauce into the Instant pot and mix in the Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
- Stir this mixture until well combined and taste it to ensure it meets your expectations. If you would like, you can adjust the seasoning.
- Place the meatballs on top of the sauce. There is no need to push them all the way into the bottom of the sauce.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set it to seal.
- Cook this mixture on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once cooking time is up, let the pot perform a natural release of pressure.
- Set the valve to venting, and carefully open the lid. Make sure it is facing away from you to avoid steam.
- Slice your rolls or bread and slather some sauce from the pot on the bottom of them.
- Arrange each bun with about 3 to 4 meatballs on top of the sauce and add the cheese over top.
- Add additional sauce over top of the cheese. The cheese should melt on its own from the heat of the sauce and meatballs.
- If desired, you can put the subs under the broiler to melt the cheese a little more and crisp them up.
- Serve with a side salad, or your choice of side.
Can I use a Different Kind of Meat for These Instant Pot Turkey Meatball Subs?
The short answer is yes. Rather than using turkey meatballs, you can easily use beef, pork or chicken. If you are looking for a vegetarian option, vegetarian meatballs could also work. This recipe is really versatile and works with anything.
Instant Pot Turkey Meatball Subs
Instant Pot Turkey Meatball Subs (Using Frozen Meatballs)
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 1 lb frozen turkey meatballs if you can find ones with Italian seasoning those are perfect, if not just regular is ok too
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- for spicy kick add red chili powder
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese slices or provolone
- 6 hoagie rolls, baguette or french bread or your favorite sandwich rolls
- Pour the tomato or marinara sauce into the pressure cooker pot, then mix in the Italian seasoning, salt and ground black pepper. Stir until well combined then give it a taste, if you’d like you can adjust the seasoning.
- Place the meatballs on top of the sauce, no need to push them all the way to the bottom. Put the lid on the pot, set valve to Sealing and select High Pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once cooking time is up allow the pot to naturally release all of the pressure. Set valve to Venting and carefully open the lid but facing away from you. Slice your rolls, slather some sauce on the bottom then arrange 3 to 4 meatballs on top then add the cheese slices over the meatballs and slather some more sauce over the cheese.
- The cheese will melt on its own from the heat of the meatballs and sauce. But if you’d like you can put the subs under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese more and crisp up the rolls.