The holidays are almost here, and for many families, Eggnog is a large part of their traditions. While Eggnog is a delicious treat, have you ever tried to make your own? It is so much better. That is where this Instant Pot Eggnog comes in.
Rich, creamy and delicious, just like you remember, this recipe is perfect for the holiday season. Not only is it easy to make, but it is also way tastier when you make it yourself. This Instant Pot Eggnog is sure to blow your mind this year and leave you wanting more.
Before you even read the recipe, I am going to say YES you can make this on the stove. I like to keep my stove free to cook other things during holiday meals, so this way works best for me. Plus, I like saving a few pennies by not having to turn on the stove.
Get ready to settle in with one of the best classic holiday beverages you have ever had. (Just like our delicious Pumpkin Spiced Latte!) In fact, you will want to make this recipe all the time. The good news? It will be easy to whip up a batch for unexpected guests, or just to sip as you lounge by the fire. Especially in the Instant Pot.
How to Make Instant Pot Eggnog
A simple and delicious recipe for everyone this holiday season. All it takes are a few simple ingredients and a little holiday spirit.
- Before you get started making this recipe, you will want to ensure that you have everything ready. Gather all your ingredients and ensure that you have your Instant Pot trivet handy.
- If you have a candy thermometer you can check to ensure that the eggnog reaches 160 degrees when it is done. This will ensure that it is pasteurized, allowing it to last longer.
- Place your trivet into your instant pot and fill it with 4 cups of water.
- Set your baking pan inside of your Instant Pot and set it to the Sauté setting.
- While the water is heating up, whisk together the milk, sugar, heavy cream, eggs and vanilla. Make sure that they are well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and add the cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Cook, making sure to stir constantly for 8 minutes or until the eggnog has thickened.
- Serve this Eggnog either warm or cold. For a treat, try it chilled over ice.
Can You Use the Yogurt Setting to Pasteurize this Instant Pot Eggnog?
Unfortunately, using a candy thermometer is the best option to ensure that the Eggnog reaches the proper temperature. Using the yogurt pasteurize setting can cause the eggs to slightly scramble, ruining the texture.
How Long Does This Instant Pot Eggnog Keep in The Fridge?
We suggest you keep this in the fridge for 3 days at most. The good news? It probably won’t need to be stored that long as it will be long gone. It is so delicious.
Instant Pot Eggnog Recipe
Instant Pot Eggnog
- 3 Cups milk
- ⅓ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- Place the trivet into the Instant Pot and fill with 4 cups of water. Place a baking pan inside and set the Instant Pot to the saute setting.
- While the water is heating whisk together the milk, sugar, heavy cream, eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
- Pour into the baking pan and add the cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 8 minutes or until the eggnog has thickened.
You can serve it warm or cold or even chilled over ice!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don't Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.