DIY Burt’s Bee’s Peppermint Lip Balm
I’m a huge fan of peppermint lip balm. I used to be an avid Burt’s Bess Original Beeswax Peppermint Lip Balm lover until they were bought out by Chlorox and their formula changed (it now contains canola oil and soybean oil). After that I set out on a mission to create my own natural lip balm.
This as a super easy lip balm recipe too follow with very simple directions. These lip balm tubes were perfect for this (this recipe makes about 5 tubes). I also found printable labels are the perfect size for lip balm tubes (try these labels). I recommend these labels
The best of about making your own lip balm, it’s good for you and, it costs less than a dollar to make each one, including the tube! No need to buy those expensive $10+ dollar a tube organic varieties anymore!
- 2 heaping TBSP. Beeswax
- 2 TBSP. Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP. Almond or Sunflower Seed Oil
- 15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E Oil
- Start a water bath by filling a small pot 1/2 way full with water.
- Place a glass-measuring cup with a spout in the water.
- Turn the stovetop to medium.
- Add beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil and heat until beeswax is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint essential oil and vitamin E oil.
- Pour into lip balm tubes quickly before it starts to cool and harden
- Allow to cool completely in tubes