This is the perfect way to up that leftover Easter Ham! I love any kind of breakfast casserole like Croissant Bread Pudding or hashbrown casserole. And this Instant Pot Ham & Cheese Bread Pudding makes for one deliciously hearty breakfast!
This is any easy chang from typical omelets (or pan cooked eggs) and it’s a great way to feed a group!
I love the combination of ham and eggs, they mesh together so well to form the perfect breakfast. Plus, this is a great way to use up any bread that you’ve got hanging around .
Use whatever bread you have (it’s perfect for stale or dry bread) in bread pudding! This is a savory bread pudding and it’s a great way to use up leftover ham.
If you have been following along with me for a little bit now, you have probably realized I am fairly (and by fairly, I mean completely and utterly) addicted to my Instant Pot. I can’t help but love the fact that it does all the heavy lifting for me and all I have to do is throw everything in. At this point, you also know that there was no option other than cooking my ham and cheese bread pudding in the Instant Pot (and boy, am I glad I did)!
The final product resulted in a moist, delicious, and hearty ham & cheese bread pudding. Instant Pot Ham & Cheese Bread Pudding is a special way to use up leftover ham or even just a special breakfast/brunch entree, give this a try! You won’t be sorry you did!
A few tips:
- Bread pudding can be softer or firm. I like mine soft in the middle but if you prefer a firmer one you can add 4 minutes to the time and just follow the rest of the instructions.
- If your bread pudding puffs up on only one side when you have it in the oven, just use a spatula and press it down lightly. This is just an air bubble
- You can cut this up and freeze it for future breakfasts! It warms up nicely in the oven.
Instant Pot Ham & Cheese Bread Pudding
Grease the inside of your 6.5 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
Spread one side of the bread with butter and cut into 1-inch cubes. Place bread on the bottom of you pan followed by ham and cheese.
Beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and pour over bread mixture.
Add one cup of water to your Instant Pot and set in the trivet. Cover your bread pudding with foil. Place your bread pudding on the trivet and set your Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 20 minutes (or 25 for a firmer bread pudding).
When timer is up, allow for a 20 minute natural pressure release. Preheat oven to 350.
Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes to brown the top (if desired).
Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- 8 ounce small loaf of sourdough bread or about 3-4 thick slices
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 8 ounces ham cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ red pepper diced
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Grease a 6.5 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Spread one side of the bread with butter and cut into 1-inch cubes. Place bread on the bottom of the pan followed by ham, cheese, and red pepper.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk, green onions, mustard powder, salt, and pepper and pour over bread mixture.
- Add one cup of water to the Instant Pot and set in the trivet.
- Cover the casserole with foil.
- Place the breakfast casserole on the trivet and set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When timer is up, allow for a 20 minute natural pressure release.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.