Savory, juicy, and tender chicken parmesan meatballs are the best!
These are cheesy and delicious, perfect as an appetizer, an addition to a hearty, savory soup or casserole, or added to your favorite marinara sauce recipe!
Our Favorite Flavorful Meatballs
- Easy to prep with healthy ground chicken, these meatballs are stuffed with savory spices and two kinds of cheese for a juicy, slow-cooked flavor.
- Chicken meatballs have less fat and fewer calories than beef or pork, and the seasonings can be adjusted to suit any recipe!
- Cook up an extra batch and freeze them for future quick and healthy snacks and meals!
- Baked instead of fried, chicken parmesan meatballs can be cooked in batches and used for sliders, or as part of a game day menu.
Ingredients & Variations
Chicken – Lean ground chicken is more flavorful than extra lean, but either can be swapped out for turkey. Make ‘em extra juicy and use a ratio of 1:1 chicken and pork.
Breadcrumbs – Plain breadcrumbs are needed to bind the meatballs together; however, seasoned Panko breadcrumbs will also work. For a lower-carb binder, use crushed pork rinds.
Cheese – Parmesan and mozzarella cheese helps keep the meatballs tender, juicy, and flavorful. Monterey Jack or a Mexican cheese blend can be used instead. A little bit of cream cheese works as a binder and adds a tangy flavor!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
All these meatballs need are just a few seasoned ingredients, then shaped into balls and baked!
- Whisk egg with breadcrumbs, cheeses, and seasonings until combined.
- Add ground chicken and blend. Shape the meat mixture into meatballs.
- Bake on an oiled baking sheet until browned.
- Toss cooked meatballs in warmed marinara sauce and serve with extra parmesan or chopped parsley.
PRO TIP: A cookie scoop ensures perfectly shaped and perfectly sized meatballs every time!
Keep leftover chicken parmesan meatballs in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze them for up to 3 months in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside.
More Chicken Recipes
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil juliened
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg until it is beaten. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, mozzarella, basil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix to combine.
- Next, add the ground chicken and gently mix until the seasonings are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pan and rub it around with your hands (this will help coat your hands with olive oil to make rolling the meatballs easier).
- Portion out golf ball-sized meatballs and roll them into smooth balls. Place them on the oiled baking sheet and roll them in the oil. This will help the outside of the meatballs crisp.
- Bake the meatballs for 20-22 minutes, or until the internal temperature registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- While the meatballs cook, warm the marinara sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat. Toss the cooked meatballs in the sauce and serve immediately, topped with additional parmesan and parsley.
- Top the meatballs and sauce with additional shredded parmesan and broil until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Baked Chicken Meatballs Recipe!