A classic chicken vegetable stir fry is a deliciously healthy way to feed a family.
This is a simple and time-saving recipe for even the busiest weeknights, requiring minimal prep and only one skillet! Vary the seasonings and make it as sweet or spicy or savory as you like. It’s equally delicious whether served over rice, noodles, or sautéed zucchini strips.
Simple Stir Fry Recipe!
- This chicken and vegetable stir fry recipe is a one-skillet wonder with all the meat and veggies cooked together in a ready-made stir fry sauce that can be flavor tweaked to make it a new recipe every time!
- Stir fry meals are the best way to turn leftover meat and veggies into a brand-new meal, saving time and money!
- Serve as is or top with your favorite noodles or rice and make a crowd-pleasing potluck or party entrée!
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN: Strips of boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the protein of choice for this easy recipe. Cubes of pork or shrimp can be used instead.
VEGETABLES: A package of stir fry veggies is pre-cut and ready to pop into the skillet, even if frozen! Or use a combination of fresh broccoli, mushrooms, peas, zucchini, and onions. Add a can of drained water chestnuts for crunch!
SAUCE: Make your own stir fry sauce or teriyaki sauce, and add in some chili oil, and a dash of Sambal Oelek for a homemade flavor. Make it sweeter with brown sugar or honey, more savory using garlic or mustard powder, or spicier by adding more Sambal.
How To Make Stir Fry with Chicken and Vegetables
- Saute the sliced and seasoned chicken and remove it from the pan (as per recipe below).
- Cook garlic in oil and add vegetables. Cook until tender-crisp.
- Add remaining ingredients and chicken. Mix everything together and cook until heated through.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with noodles or rice, if desired.
Stir Fry Recipe Tips
- Make sure the chicken is cut into uniform sizes so it cooks evenly.
- Fresh veggies can be cut and prepped in advance and kept in a covered container until ready to use.
How To Store Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- Keep leftover chicken vegetable stir fry in a covered container for 3-4 days. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave, and season with more stir-fry sauce.
- Add leftovers to a wrap or top a salad for an energizing workday lunch.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags and reheat on the stovetop.
More Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Ramen with Sweet Chili Oil – Cravable
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken – Creamy
- Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken and Rice – Spicy
- Instant Pot Peanut Chicken – Quick and creamy
Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces chicken breast cut into ½ inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups frozen mixed stir fry vegetables or 6 cups fresh vegetables
- ¼ cup stir fry sauce or homemade
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili paste such as Sambal Oelek
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and stir fry for 5 minutes or until no pink remains. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and garlic. Cook just until fragrant. Add vegetables and cook until tender-crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Move the vegetables to one side of the pan and add stir fry sauce, sesame oil and chili paste along with the chicken. Mix to combine. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.