This Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is the perfect weeknight main dish or entrée when company’s coming!
Indulge in a homemade creamy Alfredo sauce, cooked with tender chicken cubes and fettuccine noodles in a single pot.
This flavorful dish can be ready in less than 20 minutes, making it a convenient option that goes straight from Instant Pot to table.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- The Instant Pot makes Insta-worthy dishes that are so quick and easy!
- Perfect for potlucks, parties, and get-togethers, chicken Alfredo is easy to transport and reheat in the Instant Pot! Serve it with extra parmesan cheese on the side and some thick slices of homemade bread and a crispy salad!
- Make chicken Alfredo a signature recipe and add in your favorite veggies like sliced mushrooms, broccoli, spring peas, or a dash of red pepper flakes for a pop of spicy color!
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are perfect for this recipe, even frozen chicken pieces can be used without thawing. If time is really short, use cooked rotisserie chicken and skip Steps 1 and 2.
Pasta – Choose noodles that are thicker and heavier so they don’t break under the weight of the sauce and chicken. Besides fettuccine, bucatini, penne, or rotini are all good options.
Sauce – The star of this recipe is the sauce! Choose heavy cream for the thickest, most velvety texture. Half-and-half will or whole milk can work, but won’t be as creamy. You can also buy a jar of Alfredo sauce and adjust the seasonings if you like.
Variations – Make it keto and switch out the pasta for zucchini noodles, or small broccoli or cauliflower florets. Add spinach and chopped sundried tomatoes to make a Tuscan Chicken Alfredo.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Heat the olive oil on the saute function in the Instant Pot. Brown the chicken on all sides. Saute garlic for about a minute.
- Add stock, cream, pasta, and salt. Seal the lid and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes and manually vent.
- Remove the lid and sauté until the sauce is reduced by half. Stir in parmesan cheese until fully combined in the sauce. Garnish as desired and serve immediately.
- Keep leftover chicken Alfredo in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Add a little milk to loosen the sauce, if needed.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to one month. Pasta won’t be as firm once thawed and reheated, but just add fresh pasta!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced (about 3 cloves)
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese1
- fresh parsley to garnish
- red pepper flakes if desired
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute-Normal function. Add the olive oil and allow it to heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Next, add the chicken stock, heavy cream, dried pasta, and salt. Add the lid to the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is in the sealing position.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes. When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position. Be careful– the valve will steam and may splatter.
- Return the Instant Pot to the Saute-Normal function. Stir and cook until the liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Make sure to use a thick pasta in this recipe (such as fettuccine or tagliatelle)– thin pastas (such as angel hair) will become overcooked.
Fresh Parmigiano Reggiano is a delicious splurge if you have it available! I recommend buying a block and grating it as needed for the most flavor. This chicken alfredo will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe