Looking for an easy dinner idea? Instant Pot Pulled Pork is for you! All you have to do is throw everything in the pot and let it do the work for you!
My husband is a really big fan of pulled pork. Usually I just throw it in the crock-pot and let it cook all day, but now that I am completely obsessed with my Instant Pot, yesterday just seemed like the perfect day to convert my tried and true recipe. When I say it seemed like the perfect day I mean I forgot to throw dinner in the crock-pot until about 2 hours before dinner.
Initially I was a little worried about the meat coming out dry or tough because I wasn’t 100% sure on cooking time but It turned out amazing! The meat was so tender and flavorful. I couldn’t resit taking “samples” while I was shredding! Even my 4 year old approved which was amazing because he usually has to be bribed to eat any meat whats-so-ever!
I actually like cooking pulled pork a million times better in the Instant Pot and it takes so much less time! Pulled Pork is also a really great option for a crowd. You can use it for not only for sandwiches, but carnitas, burritos, rice bowls, nachos, salads and more! It’s also really great for meal prepping!
If you are looking for an easier and faster way to make the best pulled pork you will every taste, throw it in your Instant Pot! Your meal will be effortless and everyone will be asking for seconds making it the perfect weeknight meal!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Combine the soda or vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, and Worcestershire sauce together. Place the pork shoulder directly in the Instant Pot and pour the homemade bbq sauce overtop to help the seasoning stick.3
Rub the seasoning into the pork, ensuring that you cover it completely to make a nice bark.Place the lid on your IP, select “manual” and adjust to high pressure for 60 minutes. Natural release.
Shred the pork with two forks and serve on buns alongside your favorite coleslaw.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- ½ cup soda or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp cajun or barbecue seasoning
- 5 lb pork shoulder
- coleslaw for serving
- buns for serving
- Combine the soda or vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Place the pork shoulder directly in the Instant Pot and pour the homemade bbq sauce overtop to help the seasoning stick.
- Rub the seasoning into the pork, ensuring that you cover it completely to make a nice bark.
- Place the lid on your IP, select "manual" and adjust to high pressure for 60 minutes. Natural release.
- Shred the pork with two forks and serve on buns alongside your favorite coleslaw.