Cauliflower air fryer recipes have been trending for a while now, but this Asian-inspired sesame cauliflower recipe is absolutely amazing!
Lightly batter-coated cauliflower pieces are roasted in the air fryer and then tossed in a homemade ginger soy glaze for the perfect snack, side, or appetizer! Meatless, keto, low-calorie, and flavorful air fryer cauliflower has something for everyone!
Air Fryer Sesame Cauliflower
- Cauliflower in the air fryer creates a deep-fried, crispy exterior while sealing its sweet, nutty flavor!
- Easy to prep, make, and cleanup, and perfect for healthy snacking because kids just love it!
- Sesame cauliflower is keto-friendly and a welcome addition to an appetizer plate for your low-carb guests, but they taste so good, no one will even notice!
- Make a double batch of sesame cauliflower and use it all week for snacking, as a side dish, or in stir-fries. The air fryer re-crisps up food like new!
Ingredients and Variations
CAULIFLOWER: Choose heads that are heavy and remove any discolored leaves before cutting into florets. Frozen cauliflower can be used, but be sure to pat it dry or the breading won’t stick to it. Broccoli can be prepared alongside the cauliflower and will make a striking plate presentation! If you have leftover cauliflower and want to switch things up a bit, make these delish buffalo cauliflower bites.
SAUCE: This easy sauce is sugar-free which makes it low-carb, so if you use a store-bought teriyaki or hoisin sauce to use as a substitute, look for low or no sugar added. Spice up your homemade sauce with a dash of sriracha or sambal (chile paste) for a spicy kick!
How to Make Air Fryer Sesame Cauliflower
- Cook breaded florets in a single layer in the air fryer until they are golden brown (as per recipe below).
- Prepare the sauce in a pan on medium heat until it is thickened.
- Toss the cauliflower in the sauce, garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, and serve hot.
- Keep leftover air fryer sesame cauliflower in a covered container for up to 4 days and reheat pieces in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Freeze cooled pieces in a zippered bag and thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Air Fryer Sesame Cauliflower
- 4 cups cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk and flour.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, allowing any excess batter to drip off.
- Place the cauliflower in the air fryer, making sure they do not touch. You don’t want to overcrowd the basket!
- Air fry at 400°F for 15-18 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is frying, prepare the sauce by combining the remaining ingredients (water, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger) in a small frying pan set over medium heat.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until it has reduced and thickened– about 5 minutes. Then, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes before saucing
- Remove the cauliflower from the air fryer, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cauliflower and tofu in a large bowl. Toss to combine and serve immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Sesame Cauliflower Recipe