This quick Instant Pot carrots recipe is ready in minutes, making it the perfect veggie to serve alongside any chicken, beef, or pork entrée!
Or, make them during the holidays when the oven is occupied! This recipe for Instant Pot carrots has them steamed until they’re perfectly tender and then glazed in butter and brown sugar.
Quick Cooked Carrots!
- Carrots are available year-round, inexpensive, and super easy to prepare in the Instant Pot!
- Kids and adults love the mildly sweet flavor of Instant Pot carrots and they’re super healthy, too!
- Mash them for baby food or to add to a healthy smoothie!
- Instant Pot carrots are a great side dish, or they can be added to soups, stir-fries, or other roasted veggies.
Ingredients and Variations
CARROTS: No need to peel them first, just be sure they are scrubbed clean with the tops removed. Pre-packaged baby carrots can be used, but they will take less time to cook from start to finish.
SEASONINGS: Butter and brown sugar make the perfect glaze for Instant Pot carrots. For a smoky, savory flavor, switch out the butter for leftover bacon grease. Brown sugar can be replaced with honey or maple syrup if desired.
ADD-INS: As long as they’re cut uniformly, other veggies like sweet potatoes, parsnips, celery, and yellow or red onions can be mixed in with the carrots!
How To Make Instant Pot Cooked Carrots
The Instant Pot makes it quick and easy to cook carrots!
- Place prepared carrots in the Instant Pot and seal the lid.
- Cook for 2 minutes (as per the recipe below).
- Drain the carrots and add them back to the Instant Pot. Add brown sugar and butter and stir until melted.
- Season and serve.
How Long to Cook Carrots?
Depending on the thickness of the carrots, they may cook more or less than 2 to 5 minutes. Carrots are easy to make and it’s OK to experiment with the size, amount, and level of tenderness you want.
Tips For Success
- Choose carrots that are fairly equal in diameter, so they cook at the same rate.
- Make ahead and freeze portions for a ready side dish that goes with anything!
More Quick and Easy Side Dishes
- Instant Pot Stuffing – A classic
- Homemade Hummus – Creamy
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole– Sweet
- Instant Pot Bread– Comforting
Instant Pot Carrots
- 1 ½ pounds carrots
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Peel the carrots and cut into ½-inch diagonal slices.
- Add the carrots and water to the instant pot. Seal the lid and cook on "MANUAL – HIGH PRESSURE" for 2 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and drain the carrots.
- Add the carrots back into the instant pot and stir in brown sugar and butter until melted. Season with salt.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Instant Pot Carrots Recipe