Make this succulent air fryer salmon recipe in just minutes!
Salmon fillets come out juicy with a crispy skin that’s infused with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. And since this salmon air fryer recipe is cooked with veggies, it doesn’t take long to get a full-meal deal on the table!
Our Favorite Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- The air fryer is every home cook’s favorite helper, making delicious nutritious food in minutes with minimal cleanup like pork tenderloin & chicken fajitas!
- Salmon is a super healthy food that’s loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids, and tons of protein and it’s absolutely delicious! Salmon in the air fryer comes out tender and flakey with the perfect balance of sweet and umami flavors.
- This easy recipe has a bonus step for adding carrots and sugar snap peas so the side dish cooks with the salmon, saving prep and cleanup time without having to heat up the oven!
Ingredients and Variations
Salmon – Center-cut pieces of salmon have lots of skin on them which mean loads of savory flavor. Fresh is always best, but frozen salmon fillets can be used, simply increase the cooking time and check the temp before serving. Removing the skin is easy before or after cooking but keeping it on during cooking adds more flavor (and is edible)!
Vegetables – Snap peas and carrots are always a perfect pair! Use any combination of veggies you like, adjusting for fresh or frozen cook times. In a pinch for time? Use a frozen bag of vegetable medley, adjust the cooking time, and be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket or tray.
Seasonings – Most, if not all of the seasonings are likely already on hand. Miso paste can be substituted with extra soy sauce at ½ tablespoon of soy sauce to 1 tablespoon of miso paste. Aminos or coconut amino acids can also be used. For a sweeter salmon glaze, add about 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup, if desired.
How to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer. Whisk the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush the salmon fillets with the sauce and toss the carrots with the remaining sauce. Cook the salmon and carrots in a single layer in the air fryer for 10 minutes.
- Add snow peas and continue to cook until the salmon is lightly browned and flaky.
- Let the salmon rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Salmon
- Every brand of air fryer (Ninja, Corsori, NuWave) needs to be preheated before use. This helps seal the outside and keeps the inside tender and full of flavor! When in doubt, however, always refer to the manual for your model to determine the best cooking time and temp.
- A meat thermometer is enormously helpful for determining if salmon is fully cooked. It should read 145°F at the thickest part of the fillet.
- A pale white liquid might form on the top of the salmon once it’s cooked. This is called albumin and is a harmless protein that’s tasty and good for you!
- Serve salmon with extras like Instant Pot long-grain rice and some roasted bell peppers on the side!
Keep leftover air fryer salmon in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leftovers can be frozen but due to the high water content, the salmon won’t be as firm, but can be made into salmon patties, or used in omelets, soups, or dips. Or add it to this Instant Pot spinach and artichoke pasta, in place of chicken for a whole new meal.
Great Sides for Air Fryer Salmon
Air Fryer Salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 center-cut salmon fillets
- 2 large carrots sliced into ¼" pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- Combine the olive oil, miso paste, soy sauce, grated garlic, and grated ginger in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Brush the salmon filets with the sauce and sprinkle them lightly with salt and pepper. Toss the carrots with any remaining sauce.
- Place the salmon and carrots in the air fryer, making sure not to overcrowd the basket. Cook at 375°F for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is lightly browned and flakey.
- Serve immediately with rice if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Salmon Recipe